FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the wiring for pin 15 goes to/does? The information I have shows it to be "Voltage supplied in Start"-(overload protected). I just hooked up a new Pioneer headunit with a wiring harness. However, the harness did not have wires for pin 5 (which I discovered to be the antenna booster), 18/19 which are for the steering wheel controls The harness has pin 1 (voltage supplied at all times- overload protected), pin 2 (Accesory delay relay switched output), ground and the -8- speakerwires (pins 8,9,10,11,12,21,22,23). So what function is pin 15 for? Is it only related to the factory radio? Everything seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated as I want to make sure all items are present and accounted for. Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
297 Posts
turn your key to the ACC position (without starting your car) ...... does your head unit turn on. 8)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the unit turns on and works like the factory radio in the acc. and start positions and turns off after 10 mins. once the car is shut off.

·
Registered
297 Posts
sounds like your good to me. did you use the scosche wire harness???

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure of the brand. I received it with the radio from Crutchfield. However, it did not have a lead for the "antenna power" (booster turn on) or for this pin 15 ( also nothing for the steering wheel controls, but that makes sense. I bought the Pac-Audio adapter to retain them.) I think it is just for some function of the factory radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts