FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some new photos after a detail job (Zaino wash, clay bar, Z-AIO, ZCS and Grand Finale spray)

Boz, this one's for you...the molded dashboard cover. Keeps that dash protected and keeps that heat from bearing down on that dash in the summer.

Shortshifter coming this week...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I gotta get some of that zano. I always like the looks of the finished product. You car looks great MRC!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=81371.msg1513560#msg1513560 date=1182736515]
I gotta get some of that zano. I always like the looks of the finished product. You car looks great MRC!
[/quote]

I will tell you that using Zaino is nothing like using any product you've used in an auto parts store. Most of the Zaino products don't contain oils or solvents which make them harder to spread. The less you use of the Zaino products the better the results. I had a hard time at first because I used too much (I later found out it was too much but it was the same amount I'd use with a store bought brand) and it was WAY DIFFICULT too remove. Someone told me to back off and use the Zaino like it cost 100. an ounce...I did and the results are tremendous.

It takes a little while to re-learn to wax with these products but the quality is so evident as you can see in the pics. I first washed the car with dish soap to remove built up wax (mostly Turtle Wax Ice which I've since retired...I'm guessing Silicone is the reason that it attracts so much dust. I came out this morning and no dust on my Zaino waxed car). After the wash, I went over the car with a quality clay bar and lube removing the contaminants. I then washed the car again with Zaino Car wash. After this, I used the Zaino All in One polish (too hot and didn't have enough time to use the Z2 with accelerator). After the Z-AIO, I went with the Zaino Clear Seal which is said to lock in your wax for up to nine months. I then finished it off with Zaino Grand Finale Spray. It looks sensational...I could see up women's skirts in my paint :lol: It rained this morning...you should have seen that water bead and sheet off my car. No spots anywhere.

I bought 150 dollars worth of Zaino products, including an order of the Triplets they sell, but it's going to last a long time. PLUS, I detail cars on the side, so I'll make my money back and then some and I know my customers will have quality products on their rides. I'm doing a car this week for some girl at work...

Thanks for the compliments. The short shifter goes in this week...then the HIDs and long-awaited catback. I'm also going to switch my transmission fluid to go with the nice new short shifter.

·
Registered
982 Posts
your paint looks great man! I've used Zaino in the past, and it was just a mess. Glad to see you had better results. I started using Poorboys EX-P sealant and the Natty Blue wax. Its a lot cheaper, and definitely easier to apply. I haven't really had time to get the shine you your level yet, but just like a pair of new boots, it just takes time... :goodjob:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swoosh, I'm a freak. From day one since I've owned this car, I've been on that paint. In between washes I'm using detailing sprays and I've probably waxed the vehicle no less than 10 times. Now with the Zaino, I'll back off of it...that will probably be my one wax for a couple months since it's so hot, then when it starts to cool down, i'll hit it with a couple coats of Z2 with ZFX and some CS. In between, that Grand Finale Spray just makes it pop. As I've found out, Zaino isn't very user friendly until you figure it out...the shine is amazing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Those wheels are absolutely perfect for our cars. Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=JCalka link=topic=81371.msg1517772#msg1517772 date=1182869012]
Those wheels are absolutely perfect for our cars. Beautiful!
[/quote]

Thanks JCalka!

·
Registered
817 Posts
MRC,
shiniest black car I've ever seen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mrc and all other se owners... i dont know if you know but you can buy the chrome fog light grills at a local ford dealer and there cheap like 30 or 40 bucks,,,,,my father in law is a ford mechanic and changed mine out.....i got his parts discount and only payed like 15 bucks so there cant be more than 30 or 40 and all you do is pop the black ones out and push the chrome ones in

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have fog lights, so the inserts would be kind of silly...it would have a hole in them. Secondly, I am not going for the extreme chrome look either. That's why I didn't go for all the extra chrome pieces. I'm trying to keep it simple and clean. I'd rather accent the lines on the car rather than the shiny chrome pieces.

·
Registered
817 Posts
MRC,
What cleaner/conditioner do you use on the dash? That's the look I want.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=urnews link=topic=81371.msg1521158#msg1521158 date=1182962366]
MRC,
What cleaner/conditioner do you use on the dash? That's the look I want.
[/quote]

It's called Meguiar's Natural Shine. It doesn't have the grossly glossy Armor All look to it and it's not greasy. You can get it at Auto Zone...it's in a red bottle and cost about six bucks. The bottle has lasted me for almost a year now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Damn Matt,

Seeing your car made my penis twitch just a bit!!!! That's Hawt!!!!!

Nice job bro!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.