FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pics of the 2008 Sports Edition Package. I like the new wheels and the brushed aluminum trim on the dash. Even the red seat inserts look much better than I had anticipated. It is nice to see Ford updating the Fusion year after year. If I were in the market for a 2008 this is something I might consider with the sport tuned suspension that comes with the package. I just wish they would have added smoked chrome lighting on the tail end to coordinate with the smoked chrome grill.

G

·
That looks hot, for a stock Fusion.

If they put a 6 speed manual in a V6 Fusion, I'm sold, no questions asked, I'm at the dealership just signing papers.

However, it may be awhile for that, or will it? Any news?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Makes me want to upgrade even more! THe sport package with reverse system navigation and sync and ambient lighting would all be great. Shame I can't get one. Is the sport pack available with awd?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it is only available on FWD models, but this year you can get it on SE and SEL packages, V6 and I4.

[quote author=otaku link=topic=82174.msg1534028#msg1534028 date=1183432593]
Makes me want to upgrade even more! THe sport package with reverse system navigation and sync and ambient lighting would all be great. Shame I can't get one. Is the sport pack available with awd?
[/quote]

·
Registered
371 Posts
I does indeed look quite nice, I wish they had also put the red in the door panels similar to what they do for the appearance package. The wheels, spoiler and aluminum trim are great additions, they catch your eye without taking anything away from the car. Way to go Ford! Any improved numbers of power to compliment the sport version?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No performance upgrades. It would have been nice to compliment the suspension and visual enhancements with at least a sport-tuned exhaust. We'll have to wait one more year for the PIP D30 and the D25 for any performance improvements. The TwinForce D25 is also supposed to be available in '09. I would snatch up one of these, in Silver Birch with the D23 / manual, and trade in my black I4 manual if it wasn't for the fact that 2009 promises so much more in performance and interior layout.

[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=82174.msg1534934#msg1534934 date=1183479591]
I does indeed look quite nice, I wish they had also put the red in the door panels similar to what they do for the appearance package. The wheels, spoiler and aluminum trim are great additions, they catch your eye without taking anything away from the car. Way to go Ford! Any improved numbers of power to compliment the sport version?
[/quote]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts