FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the amp and I am paying for a shop to do the instilation and running of the wires. They are charging $135 canadian to hook it up to the factory deck. I thought that was a good deal. Thanks for the compliment

·
Registered
7 Posts
It looks very good! I also have a 12" sub w/ small box but i havnt had it installed yet. I also have the factory head unit but have never experienced a sub with a factory unit b-4 so I dont know what to expect. Let me know how yours sounds once you get it hooked up, but looks great man.(one suggestion: you might want to think about getting a grill for your sub if you are going to have things in the trunk. just a thought)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Very Nice, I myself had one 12 inch in a small box...... But the problem is I always wanted more.
Soooo Now I have two 12's with very very little room left. :lol:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'd love to see some completed pics from the OP (dirtyddd )! :) How does it sound? What kind of amp are you pushing it with? I'd love to add something like that to my Fuzh when it arrives, it leaves virtually the entire trunk still usable! Would you be up for making more of these? What part of Canada are you in? (I'm in the greater Vancouver area.)

EDIT: a couple of follow-up questions after another look at those pics: any particular reason you didn't take it an inch or two taller? (looks like you've got the room--but maybe it's just the right 'recommended' size for your sub?). Also, what volume does it have (you know, cubic feet or cubic meters or whatever heh)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looks good. That's exactly where I've been wanting to place one. The carpet match is perfect.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Paul,

Just curious also what the dimensions of the box are. I'd love to find a nice small 12" box that would fit in that same area. I don't have my Fusion yet (expected around April 21st or so), so I can't easily go measure, but in the meantime I'm definitely doing some looking around at various options.

Thanks!

·
Registered
888 Posts
What is that, an 8" sub or something? or 10"? It's hard to get a sense of scale from those two photos, as they're both very close-up and don't show any context of the trunk...

·
Registered
888 Posts
[quote author=nell808 link=topic=81977.msg2169265#msg2169265 date=1206082648]
Its a 12" The box is fitted to the back left of the trunk
[/quote]

Cool. Any chance of some pics taken a bit further out?

·
Registered
77 Posts

this is what I got, im going to change out the 12" MTX for a Lanzar 12" Shallow mount sub

·
Registered
152 Posts
[quote author=Tweek link=topic=81977.msg1847076#msg1847076 date=1194828237]
Very Nice, I myself had one 12 inch in a small box...... But the problem is I always wanted more.
Soooo Now I have two 12's with very very little room left. :lol:
[/quote]

yea two Kickers and hardly any space but, hopefully with the new box that I should be getting in the next month should save a little more room. Factory dash too sounds damn good!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.