FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
I wonder if it makes any more power than a standard drop in K&N panel filter combined with removal of the fender tube from the stock airbox.

How is the intake noise?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I would think both gains are very minimal, and the intake should give it a nice growl, similar to the intake silencer delete.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets start here,I first read about the air box silencer delete on this website,tried it and was impressed with the sound but not impressed with how the car would bogg on heavy throttle in the flordia heat.
So I put the "horn" back on.When I got the intake from steeda I was excited to see how it worked and what my improvements would be.I removed the lower air box in the drivers side fender well to start with.Once installed it was I noticed that the intake sounded like a aftermarket intake should,much much better than taking a silencer off a stock intake system/nice deep growl,made the engine sound real strong.I also read that people think this intake would not do much as far as being able to pull cold air with its placement in the engine bay,believe me it does.Throttle response had improved ten fold.I also found that the bogging issue was solved and was now a non issue,the heat shield from steeda does do a good job of keeping engine heat from being pulled in by the intake despite rumor.I have since added the steeda throttle body spacer as well and can sayI'm very impressed with the performance gains that both parts added. Accords/Camerys eat your heart out!!
P.S. I also had the K&N drop in found it was a improvment over stock filter but does not compare to the cai!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good to hear she runs good in the hot weather. I also tried the silencer removal and found it to be okay in cold Michigan temps but rather...turdly in any weather above 75 deg or so. Looks good!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I haven't tried the silencer but probably won't and will just try to get one of these eventually (my damn video game habit keeps stealing mod money though haha)

·
Registered
148 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=73999.msg1323606#msg1323606 date=1176177518]
I haven't tried the silencer but probably won't and will just try to get one of these eventually (my damn video game habit keeps stealing mod money though haha)
[/quote]

hehe glad to hear I am not the only one with that problem... :lol:

·
Registered
596 Posts
is it just me...or is the filter cone for the I4 is smaller than the one for the V6? why? :thebeansoldier:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Less volume of air comming in so less surface area needed on the filter, however you should know that the I4 filter has a inverted cone on the tip of the filter adding surface area.

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=73999.msg1345658#msg1345658 date=1176871925]
Less volume of air comming in so less surface area needed on the filter, however you should know that the I4 filter has a inverted cone on the tip of the filter adding surface area.
[/quote]
so does the one for the V6... I'd know, i have it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=73999.msg1345808#msg1345808 date=1176882485]
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=73999.msg1345658#msg1345658 date=1176871925]
[/quote]
so does the one for the V6... I'd know, i have it.
[/quote]

Opps, sorry, didn't know that.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That looks pretty sweet brother.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at your install and Im thinking you have the aluminum tube shoved on both ends too far. The bands should be over the thick parts at the end of the tube.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts