FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to do to copy the new flash from the PCM to my computer to send to Bob Jusnes to get my performance tunes to work again?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Just use your tuner to read the the new strategy (PCM code) and email it to Bob.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...........

I followed the instructions to the letter and now the car does not start. It turns over but will not start.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!

God I hope I didnt just screw myself on my warranty.

I am shitting bricks right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Bob can pull my ass out of the fire on this...

·
Registered
833 Posts
All you should have done was read the strategy, not copy or program anything. Have you tried to return it to stock? You could try to post on the SCT site. I am not sure what the process is for this. I would PM Bob also, I am sure there is a solution. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=89075.msg1715479#msg1715479 date=1189828744]
All you should have done was read the strategy, not copy or program anything. Have you tried to return it to stock? You could try to post on the SCT site. I am not sure what the process is for this. I would PM Bob also, I am sure there is a solution. GOOD LUCK.
[/quote]

I did have enough sense to get the strategy code before I flashed it. Do you think they will be able to build me a new flash based on that? I guess i could just clal the dealership and tell them that it would not start after I got home. I wonder if that will float?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I guess I'm missing something. You got the computer reflashed and you are trying to load Bob's tunes on your PCM on a new dealer reflash? If this is the case, the reason your car won't start is because those tunes weren't written for the current reflash. With the tuner, you should be able to set the computer back to stock and then read the strategy...then send your new dealer strategy to him so new tunes can be written.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what happened...

Picked up the car with new PCM flash from the dealer.

Plugged in programmer to copy the strategy code and try and dump the new flash on to the programmer.

Got the strategy code, then followed the directions on this page http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=80150.0

I realize the instructions are for a car that has never had a tune on it before, but they should still be the way I would need to do it with a new flash.

So I flashed it with one of Bob's custom tunes, thinking it dumped the new dealer PCM flash onto my programmer.

I did not start the car.

Then I flashed it back to stock (apparently it went back to the stock before the dealer PCM update).

Car wont start.

Checked the strategy code and now it is different than it was when I started this mess.

What do I do now?????????

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=89075.msg1715578#msg1715578 date=1189836392]
I guess I'm missing something. You got the computer reflashed and you are trying to load Bob's tunes on your PCM on a new dealer reflash? If this is the case, the reason your car won't start is because those tunes weren't written for the current reflash. With the tuner, you should be able to set the computer back to stock and then read the strategy...then send your new dealer strategy to him so new tunes can be written.
[/quote]

Well I am sitting at the dealership right now waiting for the axe to fall. I just played dumb and am crossing my fingers. I will report back when I know what is going to happen.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Keep us posted on how this turns out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I got a call from the dealership and they said they had to order a part to fix it (a throttle body assembly). For whatever reason, they are replacing it and I guess they think that caused the issue.

The part will be in at 9am and they will install it soon after.

All they had to do was flash it back to the new PCM code and it would be good to go. It will be interesting to see why they changed thew the throttle body.

So I guess I wait until tomorrow to see what they did...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wild,
Since the car wouldn't start, how did you get it to the Ford dealer? Did you have to have it towed? At your own expense or is Ford picking up the tab?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had it towed with my AAA. I have been paying for it for 10 years and never used it.

Still no word back yet on the car, will report back as soon as I do...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got her back today and she runs nice.

Didn't cost me dime, so I guess their tech's didn't catch on that I messed with the PCM.

They did these TSB's, besides replacing the throttle body assembly (for whatever reason).

TSB 06-21-3 CAMSHAFT TICK NOISE—3.0L 4V ENGINE ONLY WITH EXHAUST CAMSHAFT DRIVEN WATER PUMPS
TSB 06-23-12 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WHINE BETWEEN 40-60 MPH (64-97 KM/H)—3.0L ENGINE
TSB 07-1-10 VIBRATION OR BUZZING NOISE—BULKHEAD / DASH AREA
TSB 07-2-3 VARIOUS DRIVEABILITY/TRANSMISSION SYMPTOMS—PCM/TCM CALIBRATION UPDATES—3.0L—AISIN F21 AUTO TRANS

The new PCM flash (strategy code IEAJ0F4) is noticably different as far a responsiveness, but a dog on the shifting. I can't wait for Bob to set me up with a 91 torque/performance tune and I get the K&N CAI kit.

Should be nice...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Way to go! Looks like this worked to your advantage. Score one for the consumer! :bigok:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[quote author=WiKDMoNKY link=topic=89075.msg1725582#msg1725582 date=1190248346]

TSB 06-21-3 CAMSHAFT TICK NOISE—3.0L 4V ENGINE ONLY WITH EXHAUST CAMSHAFT DRIVEN WATER PUMPS
TSB 06-23-12 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WHINE BETWEEN 40-60 MPH (64-97 KM/H)—3.0L ENGINE
TSB 07-1-10 VIBRATION OR BUZZING NOISE—BULKHEAD / DASH AREA
TSB 07-2-3 VARIOUS DRIVEABILITY/TRANSMISSION SYMPTOMS—PCM/TCM CALIBRATION UPDATES—3.0L—AISIN F21 AUTO TRANS

[/quote]

I guess I actually just read this for the first time. It would take my dealership WEEKS to do all of those TSB's on my car given the way that they move like turtles over there. Awesome - I actually have the 06-23-12 issue myself although I don't think it's bad enough to take care of it. Those others I know that Bob will take care of :)

I am interested, though, where you said that you had a Camshaft Tick Noise TSB addressed - did you notice any kind of ticking at all before having this done? I'm actually beginning to think the sound I have is my camshaft ticking......interesting and never thought of that as potentially being my issue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes the ticking was very pronounced and it drove me nuts when my car was running and I was standing by the front of the car.

I noticed a new sound today, sounds like the heat shield around the catylitic converter. When I get my oil changed again and it is up on a lift I will see what it is. Its not that annoying, but it is a new sound...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Did they tell you that the Camshaft fix was relatively easy and straightforward? Cisco, do you have info on this TSB that you could email me?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.