FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just picked up a new Milan last Saturday. This is my first car in almost 10 years. I traded a 2005 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 in on it. I loved my truck, however I am very quickly falling in love with my new car, too. I am also glad that I found this website. It looks like there is a lot of great info here. Here is a picture of my new car. Anyway, thanks for reading my introduction and I look forward to getting to know some of you a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,959 Posts
[quote author=timmyj link=topic=76462.msg1382153#msg1382153 date=1178158539]
Hey everyone! I just picked up a new Milan last Saturday. This is my first car in almost 10 years. I traded a 2005 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 in on it. I loved my truck, however I am very quickly falling in love with my new car, too. I am also glad that I found this website. It looks like there is a lot of great info here. Here is a picture of my new car. Anyway, thanks for reading my introduction and I look forward to getting to know some of you a little bit.
[/quote]

Welcome timmyj! :wavey: The car looks great. Congratulations! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Congrats on your new car. Its east to fall in love with this car.
Welcome to the forums :cheers:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Timmy, congratulations on the new Milan and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy both to the fullest. The forum is a great source for information. The Fusions, Milans and MKZs are kick butt midsize sedans, just what FoMoCo -- and the world -- needed. We really like almost everything about our 2007 SEL AWD Fusion except for the 14.8 mpg in-city mileage. We have put 3,000 miles on our car since Dec. 4, 2006.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome!! I always have to recommend this... Get your windows tinted if you have the black leather. I have an 06 Fusion SEL V6 with the black leather and OUCH! until I got the windows tinted.. :shock:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Welcome! Tint is recommended with or without black leather (definetly with though!) I get hot just having the sun hit me without tint. Tinted mine and I suggest you do so as well :) enjoy the car!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Otaku,
How much did your tint job cost? What's a fair price?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=otaku link=topic=76462.msg1388243#msg1388243 date=1178417769]
Welcome! Tint is recommended with or without black leather (definetly with though!) I get hot just having the sun hit me without tint. Tinted mine and I suggest you do so as well :) enjoy the car!
[/quote]

Thank you all for the nice welcome and also for the tip on the tinting. My last vehicle had a dark gray/pewter leather that was pretty hot at times and I do have black leather in the new car. I will look into getting the windows tinted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
timmj, nice looking Milan, very clean & crisp :) You'll like this site, very helpful & easy to deal with, everybody is here to help, not bash each other.

urnews, for a full tint job, all 4 doors & rear glass, figure about the $ 150 range, go
for 30 or 35 % tint, maybe 20 % on the rear glass. There have been MANY threads about this. A site SEARCH will bring you more info than you wanted !!! Tint is a definite 1st mod :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts