FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the piano black console around the cd/player and what not is a laminate on top of plastic or is a gloss paint?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw one in person and would think so too, but I still couldn't tell enough.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=jarth3000 link=topic=30946.msg432885#msg432885 date=1128612307]
I saw one in person and would think so too, but I still couldn't tell enough.
[/quote]

Well if it's that close looking, I suppose it doesn't matter... as long as it looks decent. Unless there's another reason you're asking?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I was curious is because I'm looking at aftermarket audio/video for my fusion when I get it, and I was thinking about fabricating the dash panel and having a carputer in it...I needed to know so that I could decide where I wanted to go for the products and such and start getting everything ready for when it arrives.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Ahhh understandable. I'll have to run by a dealer sometime soon and look at them in person. I have not yet. Living in Boston, I don't get much opportunity to be around cars right now :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
If it is a "real" piano finish then it is a couple layers of resin that poured onto plastic and then highly polished.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let me just say, that this surface scratches SO easy that I'm afraid to freaking clean it! After a trip, my wife and I put some finger prints on it that could not be mearly dusted off. We used the softest felt we could find and some windex. The surface scrathed like crazy on our first pass! Just a warning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You never, ever want to use an amonia-based cleaning agent on plastic. Especially on high gloss or clear plastics. Your best bet is to get a nice microfiber LENS cleaning cloth and if neccessary, a cleaning agent designed for plastic.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was using Meguiar's - Natural Shine, to clean and detail my dash, and I used it on the black,
and it came out nice and smooth and it's no so dusty now either, I guess it somewhat repels it.
felt like wax on the paint, it was so smooth. and it's not as shiny as Armorall, but I am going to try
something else, I fixed it, but it does look spotty when using that, I'll try the low gloss Armorall
next time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts