FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the mazda suggestion (use mazda parts from mazda speed to improve your Ford Fusion), but it really didn't seem specific. I want to tune my new fully loaded SEL for as much performance as safely possible (or as I tell my wife, drasticaly improve gas milage and overall safety). Looking at the manual, I saw that the mastercraft filter part number was FA-1771. I'm going to check the specs and see if I can find a K&N replacement as a first step, but I've got a couple extra bucks to spend and I want to get after it. I'm talkin' cold air kit, turbo-charger, super-charger, exhaust upgrade, headers, chips tuners, YOU NAME IT! I saved so much money buying the car at just 4% over manufacturing cost that I have so coin to burn. Might as well turn this family car into something I like too! I'm 26 and this car is appealing to me. I figure that there are proly a lotta guys in my same situation: buying power, need for family vehicle, desire for sports car, interest in tuning and modification, etc. Seems like there is a market to exploit... Anyone have any leads or suggestions?

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so the motorcraft website was pretty much useless.. My search found no match for the FA-1771 air filter, nor do they have any 2006 selections available... :x Dang it, I wanna get started :lol:

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys... I'll be patient.... I used Capital One (online car loan deal) and I'm happy so far, though their terms are a bit scary (a lot of, do this and we'll ruin your life, type stuff). I'll keep my eyes open. If I find anything performance related, I'll post it. K&N is supposedly going to email me as they develop products for it.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New info... The dealer told me that the SEL uses the same V6 engine that the 500 uses... This may mean that parts developed for the 500 will also work for the Fusion SEL... I have verified that the filter for both models is FA-1771... The K&N filter for the 2006 500 is 33-2308... I'll try it and report back... Right now (with city driving) I'm getting 23 mpg...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.