FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the mazda suggestion (use mazda parts from mazda speed to improve your Ford Fusion), but it really didn't seem specific. I want to tune my new fully loaded SEL for as much performance as safely possible (or as I tell my wife, drasticaly improve gas milage and overall safety). Looking at the manual, I saw that the mastercraft filter part number was FA-1771. I'm going to check the specs and see if I can find a K&N replacement as a first step, but I've got a couple extra bucks to spend and I want to get after it. I'm talkin' cold air kit, turbo-charger, super-charger, exhaust upgrade, headers, chips tuners, YOU NAME IT! I saved so much money buying the car at just 4% over manufacturing cost that I have so coin to burn. Might as well turn this family car into something I like too! I'm 26 and this car is appealing to me. I figure that there are proly a lotta guys in my same situation: buying power, need for family vehicle, desire for sports car, interest in tuning and modification, etc. Seems like there is a market to exploit... Anyone have any leads or suggestions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so the motorcraft website was pretty much useless.. My search found no match for the FA-1771 air filter, nor do they have any 2006 selections available... :x Dang it, I wanna get started :lol:

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
As it is a brand new car I think it'll be a short time before much is available. I should emphasize short however. This is a Ford major vehicle, and as such, plenty of mfg's will have products out shortly I'm sure. As I find out more, and as you do, post it up!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Draxas and a few other companies are working on products for this car. Look toward SEMA to see some nice modded Fusion's and parts to follow.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys... I'll be patient.... I used Capital One (online car loan deal) and I'm happy so far, though their terms are a bit scary (a lot of, do this and we'll ruin your life, type stuff). I'll keep my eyes open. If I find anything performance related, I'll post it. K&N is supposedly going to email me as they develop products for it.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=MParrott link=topic=31242.msg436984#msg436984 date=1128978682]
(a lot of, do this and we'll ruin your life, type stuff).
[/quote]

LOL that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New info... The dealer told me that the SEL uses the same V6 engine that the 500 uses... This may mean that parts developed for the 500 will also work for the Fusion SEL... I have verified that the filter for both models is FA-1771... The K&N filter for the 2006 500 is 33-2308... I'll try it and report back... Right now (with city driving) I'm getting 23 mpg...

·
Registered
102 Posts
[quote author=MParrott link=topic=31242.msg436182#msg436182 date=1128912569]
I heard the mazda suggestion (use mazda parts from mazda speed to improve your Ford Fusion), but it really didn't seem specific. I want to tune my new fully loaded SEL for as much performance as safely possible (or as I tell my wife, drasticaly improve gas milage and overall safety). Looking at the manual, I saw that the mastercraft filter part number was FA-1771. I'm going to check the specs and see if I can find a K&N replacement as a first step, but I've got a couple extra bucks to spend and I want to get after it. I'm talkin' cold air kit, turbo-charger, super-charger, exhaust upgrade, headers, chips tuners, YOU NAME IT! I saved so much money buying the car at just 4% over manufacturing cost that I have so coin to burn. Might as well turn this family car into something I like too! I'm 26 and this car is appealing to me. I figure that there are proly a lotta guys in my same situation: buying power, need for family vehicle, desire for sports car, interest in tuning and modification, etc. Seems like there is a market to exploit... Anyone have any leads or suggestions?
[/quote] Dude, I know what your saying. I'm 25 and I am married and will have some money to spend in the near future. The Fusion, Mazda 3 & 6 are my options right now and mods are sure to follow shorty after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=31242.msg436268#msg436268 date=1128919798]
As it is a brand new car I think it'll be a short time before much is available.  I should emphasize short however.  This is a Ford major vehicle, and as such, plenty of mfg's will have products out shortly I'm sure.  As I find out more, and as you do, post it up!
[/quote]

Just beause it's one of Fords major vehicles doesn't mean mfgs will start making things for it.  Look at the Taurus.  Their are more Taurus on the raod than just about any other car out their.  And their aint squat for aftermarket.  It's all cutstom made stuff that we have to do ourselfs.  Of course from time to time we do have small companies try to make stuff for use but things usually don't work out.

And as far as Draxas you better hope they don't flake out on you nad take your money like they did me and the taurus community.  That's why you don't see anything for the Taurus on their website.  noty that any of you would be looking for Taurus stuff :)

Draxas robbed me good and I will follow them where ever to let others know what they did to us in the Taurus community.

Their Fusion does look good though but with all the sponsers backing them up, it better look good.

I still can't wait for the SVT version to come out.  Isint it supposed to have the Duratec 35 in it.  It's about time they retire the 30.  It's 10 years old now.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
[quote author=D man link=topic=31242.msg467075#msg467075 date=1131288785]
As it is a brand new car I think it'll be a short time before much is available. I should emphasize short however. This is a Ford major vehicle, and as such, plenty of mfg's will have products out shortly I'm sure. As I find out more, and as you do, post it up!
[/quote]

Just beause it's one of Fords major vehicles doesn't mean mfgs will start making things for it. Look at the Taurus. Their are more Taurus on the raod than just about any other car out their. And their aint squat for aftermarket. It's all cutstom made stuff that we have to do ourselfs. Of course from time to time we do have small companies try to make stuff for use but things usually don't work out.

And as far as Draxas you better hope they don't flake out on you nad take your money like they did me and the taurus community. That's why you don't see anything for the Taurus on their website. noty that any of you would be looking for Taurus stuff :)

Draxas robbed me good and I will follow them where ever to let others know what they did to us in the Taurus community.

Their Fusion does look good though but with all the sponsers backing them up, it better look good.

I still can't wait for the SVT version to come out. Isint it supposed to have the Duratec 35 in it. It's about time they retire the 30. It's 10 years old now.
[/quote]

Draxas robbed you? WOW. Can you provide more information. Or a link to some thread which explains your position?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
[quote author=D man link=topic=31242.msg467075#msg467075 date=1131288785]
[/quote]

Just beause it's one of Fords major vehicles doesn't mean mfgs will start making things for it. Look at the Taurus. Their are more Taurus on the raod than just about any other car out their. And their aint squat for aftermarket. It's all cutstom made stuff that we have to do ourselfs. Of course from time to time we do have small companies try to make stuff for use but things usually don't work out.

And as far as Draxas you better hope they don't flake out on you nad take your money like they did me and the taurus community. That's why you don't see anything for the Taurus on their website. noty that any of you would be looking for Taurus stuff :)

I still can't wait for the SVT version to come out. Isint it supposed to have the Duratec 35 in it. It's about time they retire the 30. It's 10 years old now.

[/quote]

Please don't bash our sponsors on the forums. You can discuss your position in a chatroom or PM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I'm sorry for using your forums to bash them. But as far using chatrooms and PMs. I'm not a chatroom kinda person and who would I PM? I don't know anybody here. I would really like to spread the word of how Draxas screwed the Taurus community. And doing it on forums where they mostly visit is the best way to spread the word. Once again I'm sorry that it has to be on your forums. It's nothing against the fussion.
And as far as a link to this problem we had with them I wont post it casue I don't want any trouble with the mods here. NOt that I'm gonna visit here much but I do respect authority.

But in a nut shell this is what happened. So be wary if something like this starts to happin.
They made a prototype catless y-pipe. I bought it, I paid to have it installed, it didn't fit, I spent money to mail it back to them for a refund or some store credit. They said OK and when it was time to pay up, they stopped returning my emails and stopped answering the phone. Of coruse theirs a little more to it here and their. And this is my side of the story, I'd love to here theirs.
Also I wasn't the only one in the Taurus community who got screwed out of paying a y-pipe that did't fit.

So please don't ban me yet, I'm hoping to get some answers out of Nick.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Interesting, d man. Draxas has always been a very respectable company in my experience. I dealt with them as a moderator on Mazda6Club.com, they were our first sponsor (and, 2 years later, are still a sponsor) when I opened Mazda3Forums.com, and have been VERY supportive of this site since before the Fusion even launched. We've raffled off many of their parts, I've bought products from them, and I'm shocked to hear a bad review of them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've got a couple extra bucks to spend and I want to get after it. I'm talkin' cold air kit, turbo-charger, super-charger, exhaust upgrade, headers, chips tuners, YOU NAME IT! I saved so much money buying the car at just 4% over manufacturing cost that I have so coin to burn. Might as well turn this family car into something I like too! [/quote]

Let's talk... I do performance tuning for all Fords. We have had great success with the 500/Montegos and other V6 Fords. There is room for improvement in the Fusion cal just like there was with the 500s. There is at least another 10whp there with 87 octane and about 18whp if you use premium. We'll also firm up the shifts and correct some other response issues. I have a sponsor forum here as well for questions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey everyone, I work for a large Ford dealer and just grabbed a Black on tan leather SELV6 for my wife. I have been tuning and buidling Supras for about 6 years now, and I have a twin turbo supra that is my modding car. I am looking forward to seeing what comes available for the Fusion in the near future. I have read in a few sources that the Fusion will inherit the Mazdaspeed6 AWD turbo platform for 07, but we shall see. Being a huge turbo and tuning nut, that would be perfect.

Trev

·
Registered
132 Posts
[/quote]

For the V6 guys. Kenne bell has a twin screw kit available for the 3L duratec that can be adapted to the Fusion/millan.

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/30escape-tribute/30escape-tribute.htm

·
Registered
39 Posts
OKOK Enought of the 3.0.... What about the 2.3L I4??? Whats avalable for it? Will anything from a mazda 3 work for it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts