FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the passenger side axle seal leaking on the 6F35 transmissions? I was changing my oil this morning, and I spotted a film of trans fluid where the intermediate shaft goes into the transaxle.

I'm well aware of the driver side leak (had the TSB done last year), but I haven't heard of anything with the passenger side. Does anyone know if there was a TSB to address this, or am I just unlucky?

My main concern is that the cause of the RH leak could be the same as the LH leak (poor finish on the axle stub). If that's the case, I think I would want to order a new intermediate shaft, in addition to the oil seal, in order to avoid a repeat.

My vehicle is a 2012 Fusion SE 2.5L

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue on the passenger's side. I was wondering if you had it fixed and what you ended up replacing, just the seal or did you have to replace the shaft as well?

·
Super Moderator
5,839 Posts
I'm having the same issue on the passenger's side. I was wondering if you had it fixed and what you ended up replacing, just the seal or did you have to replace the shaft as well?
Hi Alex. Perhaps the OP will answer, but just as a heads up: This thread is ~5 1/2 years old and the OP has not signed in to the Ford Fusion Club since November of 2015.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts