FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying in vain to find the part number for a 2010 2.5L Fusion's 6F35 trans drain plug.

My dealership, which is a major west coast hub, tells me the only way to replace the drain plug is to replace the transmission assembly or "improvise" a part.

So don't screw up your 6F35's transmission drain plug! According to the dealership, it can't be replaced with out replacing your tranny or improvising with a new plug with the same threads and length.

Not cool!

Anyway, does anyone have any leads on where I can pick up a spare trans drain plug for the 6F35?

Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Youtuber, and forum member, Fordtechmakuloco helped me find the proper drain plug part number. The replacement plug looks different than the OEM, so be prepared. There are literally 5 threads on the bolt (about half way down, and a washer. The head, instead of being a 7/16" hex head uses an allen wrench pattern.

The problem is, when you do a search for the 6F35 trans drain plug, nothing comes up. Ford states replace assembly (meaning your trans) or "improvise."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Youtuber, and forum member, Fordtechmakuloco helped me find the proper drain plug part number. The replacement plug looks different than the OEM, so be prepared. There are literally 5 threads on the bolt (about half way down, and a washer. The head, instead of being a 7/16" hex head uses an allen wrench pattern.

The problem is, when you do a search for the 6F35 trans drain plug, nothing comes up. Ford states replace assembly (meaning your trans) or "improvise."
sir do you know the part number for the drain plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts