FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everyone else as anal as me when it comes to parking lots such as supermarkets, sports centers, anyplace with lots of cars. I tend to NOT park beside beaters and look for other nice cars to park beside. I know its just a matter of time until some kid slams their door into mine a half dozen times or so. Or the ahole that parks so close you need a can opener to get in your car.

I forgot what it was like to own a new car :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dude, I've never owned a new car before until now. The other night my wife and I went to Walmart and I actually parked but then backed out and moved further down to another spot because the first parking spot I picked had some stray shopping carts nearby. My wife was like, "Someone could hit one of those and it could smash into our car!" Sound crazy? Well, our last car, a 2000 Explorer Sport 4x4 got clobbered by a cart at Best Buy one time last Fall. :dur: Anyway, I'm with you on this one. I think the extra 50 feet of walking is worth taking care of your new car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I park as far out as I possibly can. I like to get a far corner space because there's only one place a car can park by you. If you don't have this option, try finding cars that are in real good condition an park next to them. I used to walk 1/4mi from the back row when I went to college just because I parked far away, even if the lot wasn't even half full. Best advice ever- STAY AWAY FROM SUVS/MINIVANS!!! :ugh:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't necessarily park WAY out, then people that fly through the lots and cut across lanes are more likely to hit you. I get a spot that is relatively far away from carts, the cart returns, and ALWAYS [if I can], I get a curb spot. I hug the curb, or median, whatever you wanna call it, so that only one person can park beside me. I hug the curb, and give the other person as much room as possible, if they were to park next to me. Usually, nobody parks next to me anyhow, since I am far out.

I also try to park under some sort of lighting, as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haha. This is very true indeed. I park where I wouldn't be able to see my car once I'm at my destination.
I hate the fact that I have a few nicks on my car already, I don't need some moron denting my panel.
It is most likely that the junker next to you is owned by someone who has no remorse.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Me too!

I am not as anal as day one, but I still park with caution.

I try and park away from the vans, suvs, and other family movers. A curb space is a bonus too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Curbs are great, just as long as you don't screw up and run the sides of your wheels/tires up on them. Man, nothing makes me more upset than the times in the past when I have made that mistake.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I always take the spot right next to the cart return if available. I figure when you're that close to the return, people will put the cart in the return, and not leave it in the lot to roll around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the lot is really full and there are no curb spots, I look for a 4 door car to park next to. The doors are usually shorter and less chance for them to reach over to my car. If you can find one with a 4-door compact on both sides, it's a bonus.But when in a grocery store lot, all bets are off. They seem to like putting the carts between the cars to put the bags in the back seat and sometimes use your car to stop the cart from rolling.

·
Registered
309 Posts
My wife complains that we "have to take a bus" to get to the store because I park so far out. The disregard some people show for other's property is disgusting. Particularly the large oversized SUVs which need almost two spaces to have door clearance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah Man, parking lots make me paranoid  :shock:
The wife & I always park out in the back 40, only to come out of the store & find some bonehead
parked next to us. Although I have proof that parking out there does help, it's our fairly mint condition
93 Explorer Sport. Sometimes I want to wait out there, if someone parks on top of my car with a piece of shit,
until they come out & kick their ARRRRRRSSSSSSSS... 8)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I park in a corner spot at any place I go to, if its in the Fusion or my Honda that I show. Either way I park way the fuck out from everyone. When I am at work, same thing at my office park way the hell out from everyone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not only do I park far away from all other cars, but I'm so anal, I threw a hissy fit today when I went to a dinner and the restaurant had valet! I didn't want the valet anywhere near my car! Hell, my husband hasn't even driven my Fusion yet! I'm not letting some guy behind the wheel of my car without a copy of his driver's license AND insurance card!

·
Registered
132 Posts
[quote author=Cudos link=topic=42664.msg627384#msg627384 date=1142987125]
Is everyone else as anal as me when it comes to parking lots such as supermarkets, sports centers, anyplace with lots of cars. I tend to NOT park beside beaters and look for other nice cars to park beside. I know its just a matter of time until some kid slams their door into mine a half dozen times or so. Or the ahole that parks so close you need a can opener to get in your car.

I forgot what it was like to own a new car  :lol:
[/quote]

We drive ford's.. Not ferrari's. I have no problem parking next to people

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, UtOhCop, I know what you mean. I suppose sometimes we can lose sight of ourselves. I have to remember that it's just a car, but at the same time, I have never owned a new car before, so I guess I tend to get a little overprotective. I suppose there is a happy middle ground where we can make smart parking decisions without needing public transit to make it across the parking lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, sometimes that long walk through a parking lot is the only excercise I'd get all day! I don't mind it so much! :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote author=UtOhCop link=topic=42664.msg634288#msg634288 date=1143431697]
We drive ford's.. Not ferrari's. I have no problem parking next to people
[/quote]

Relative to what I make vs relative to what the CEO of my company makes ..

My car cost me more than his ferrari cost him.

So .. yeah .. I park WAY away from people.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No I don't drive a Ferrari, can't afford one, but I can afford a Fusion which I plan to take care of for the next 5 years and the idea that its ok to have my doors and mirrors smashed by some fat kid clutching his McDonald's just because its not a luxury car doesn't work for me.

It's all relative, my fusion is my luxury car.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts