FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up I just had a quick question regarding what paint to use on my calipers. They won't stay clean forever so I was thinking about painting them.

I'm not sure what color to paint them yet being a red car and not sure what caliper paint to use that won't fall off the next day.

Also when they do get dirty what should I use to clean them that won't damage the finish?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G2 Caliper paint is what I have always used. Lasts forever!
Yeah I might have to look Into that. Yeah definitely don't need it falling off. I do allot of highway driving so it should keep the calipers cooler but Have your tried this stuff through winter?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I always match my calipers with the paint of the vehicle.

My last vehicle had some black Dupli-Color paint and it seemed to last a while without any issues.

I'll be painting mine soon enough especially since I powdercoated my wheels.. draws more attention to them. Next will be some nice rotors and more aggressive breaks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I ran red duplicolor on a previous car with no issues. I am interested in G2 tho.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've used both G2 and VHT. Both work well! Just make sure you follow proper curing instructions to ensure they last long. Some people just let them dry, and the finish wears away after awhile. I used a heat gun to cure mine.

If you're really intense, you can get them powder coated for a decent price too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm loving those black powder coated wheels and painting the calipers the same color as the car Is probably the best way to go
But using the heat gun Is a pretty good idea with it curing allot faster. Its definitely a day project but thanks for tips guys! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
MGP caliper covers are the way to go. They cover up all the little crevices and gaps in the calipers and help keep brake dust off your wheels but they are pricey. I had red ones on my black Sport with black wheels and it looked awesome

·
Registered
878 Posts
MGP caliper covers are the way to go. They cover up all the little crevices and gaps in the calipers and help keep brake dust off your wheels but they are pricey. I had red ones on my black Sport with black wheels and it looked awesome
I've seen some vehicles with the caliper covers. I agree they have functionality, but they look a little weird for me. I guess not my cup of tea. If money weren't a factor, a big brake kit would be my first choice to improve the looks (and a lot of functionality).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have to agree about the the look of them I am a big fan. But I live in a a state that has the worse roads in America ha I would be worried I would hit a bump and they will fly off I don't trust those little bolts. They do look nice tho!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I've seen some vehicles with the caliper covers. I agree they have functionality, but they look a little weird for me. I guess not my cup of tea. If money weren't a factor, a big brake kit would be my first choice to improve the looks (and a lot of functionality).
I'm with Pancakes on this one lol.

Each to their own really, its not like I would see caliper covers and glare at them like gum on the bottom of my shoe but just prefer the regular caliper painted or a BBK.

For the money I think some nice vented/slotted rotors would look a lot better.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm with Pancakes on this one lol.

Each to their own really, its not like I would see caliper covers and glare at them like gum on the bottom of my shoe but just prefer the regular caliper painted or a BBK.

For the money I think some nice vented/slotted rotors would look a lot better.
Yeah. Some good rotors and painting the stock calipers is the poor man's bbk. Still looks awesome IMO. Also, make sure you dremel/sand down the old calipers and hit them with brake cleaner before painting.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yeah. Some good rotors and painting the stock calipers is the poor man's bbk. Still looks awesome IMO. Also, make sure you dremel/sand down the old calipers and hit them with brake cleaner before painting.
For sure, I'll take a wire brush to them and brake cleaner. I'll leave the rotors for now until I ipgrade the brakes. Thinking EBC red stuff with their rotors.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look what I just found in my closet Score! I totally forgot I had these laying around from my last fusion. Last time i just sprayed the red color on the calipers without the clear. I used the clear for my wheels. Does any body know if this clear would with stand the heat if so I'm all set for my first project for my car. :)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts