FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this kit from AutoZone today for $16 came with brake clean, paint brush, stir stick, masking tape and a can of paint. Kit worked great. Just used the brake clean and an old tooth brush to clean the calipers then used a rag to wipe everything off. Then just burshed on the paint. The bush is small enough to get into all the cracks. I used 2 coats and still had enought paint to do another full set of brakes. Here are the picks let me know what you think?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice. Looks great. 8)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=ming321 link=topic=74801.msg1339662#msg1339662 date=1176734218]
I used the same kit and was happy with the results. A very easy mod that doesn't cost much at all.
[/quote]

Ya i would recommend this kit to anyone. The brush on paint was so easy i did not even take off anything. If i would have used the spray can like other kits i would have spent an hour just taping off the rotor and the rest of the susp parts to make sure there was no over spray. With the brush on you get the paint right were you want it and that is it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was that kit available in other colors too? I have a redfire metallic Fusion and think it might look bad to have a different color red on my calipers. I wouldl like to paint them bright silver though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm removing my calipers and anchors, removing the slide pins, taping off the pistons and taking them to a place in town called Lorac to have them powder-coated black. I would do red, but with black car and black wheels, red would stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same. With black wheels on a black car, I just couldn't see painting mine red either! Let me know how that works out!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=KaBooM link=topic=74801.msg1407640#msg1407640 date=1179113020]
I'm removing my calipers and anchors, removing the slide pins, taping off the pistons and taking them to a place in town called Lorac to have them powder-coated black. I would do red, but with black car and black wheels, red would stick out like a sore thumb.
[/quote]

:D i wanted mine to stick out. I wanted to be able to see them. With the wheels i have you see a ton of the rotor and caliper so i figured i would show them off and make them stick out.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm in the same boat and my ride is black. I decided to paint the calipers black. Calipers are cool but I'd rather people pay attention to the rims than look focus on my calipers because they stand out. That's just me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just used the same kit to paint mine red...and my car is black on black guys and it doesn't look bad at all...

I did it as a test..just to know how it'd look and it turned out great....in the future I would definitely put some red calipers in there without a hesitation

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I painted mine with the G2 two-part paint kit and I painted them black. I love the way they look. Red is fine and it accents nicely, but I'm not trying to draw attention to my calipers...I just want them to look clean. I'd rather people look at the TREMENDOUS BLING from my shiny shoes.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I plan on painting mine black also. I am anxious to put my rims on, but I want everything behind the rims to look clean and neat because with the rim being a five star design, the calipers and everything will be visible. Has anyone decided to paint FORD or Fusion on the calipers? I think I read someone did this but I can't find it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I don't mean to ask a stupid question on a 4-month old thread, but when you paint the calipers, can you paint the whole dang thing or do you have to be careful about what you can paint and what you can't? There's a company called VHT that supposedly makes some really good caliper paint but I don't know a whole lot about them...supposedly the paint can withstand 900 degrees and I'm thinking about buying it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts