FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought a 2007 Fusion about 2 weeks ago. Dune Pearl Metallic. I noticed there are 2 small round chips in the paint (One on the door trim and one on the trunk lid). They were NOT there when I took the car off the dealer's lot. I drove the car around to get some miles on it. The car never left my sight until I put it back in my garage, so these are not door dings. After I washed the car, I noticed the chips. The only way I can describe these chips is, they look like little paint blisters that broke. Does anybody have any ideas what these could be from? It looks like there was dust or something on the car before they painted it. Or like there were air bubbles in the paint and they broke when I washed the car. Anybody else having this problem? Is there a recall for this? Thanks in advance...Bob

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Bob... I have not heard of this issue on the fusion. My guess is that maybe the paint had some air bubbles that may have broke when you washed it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I believe my car has a small blemish like you describe underneath the bumper, since I don't see it except when I am under the car I don't sweat it. Best of luck man. May want to stick to washing the car at home to those washes can be problematic

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same trouble my paint is chipping behind the front wheel and on the passenger side door next to the front bottom.
I have to call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say?? I have a 2006 SEL Tungston Silver.
:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again,
I called the dealer's service dept and they said they would have to take a look at it. I guess I'll find out what's going to happen when I bring it back.

P.S. otaku...I always wash my cars by hand.

Take care..I'll try to post later with the outcome.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=BobbR link=topic=71959.msg1268662#msg1268662 date=1173942738]

Take care..I'll try to post later with the outcome.
[/quote]
I haven't noticed any paint problems with our 2007 SEL AWD Fusion but be sure and keep us up to date on your problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to the dealer today and talked to the service mgr. He took a look at it and told me he would set up an appointment with his body shop to take care of it. This dealer doesn't do bodywork.

The service mgr. didn't say whether or not this was an issue on Fusion paint jobs, he just said he'd take care of it. I will set up the appointment in April and see what happens. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took mine and was told they would take care of it I have to take it Monday and it will be fixed by Wednesday.
The person at the body shop stated the primer had a problem and I need to look close to see if there are anymore chiping.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well I'm not exibiting the same thing you guys are I have another paint issure. The oxford white color doesn't look to be the same color in the front a rear fascias. Think this is a factory defect? Also should I have created this in another thread?

·
Registered
198 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=71959.msg1278172#msg1278172 date=1174379665]
Well I'm not exibiting the same thing you guys are I have another paint issure. The oxford white color doesn't look to be the same color in the front a rear fascias. Think this is a factory defect? Also should I have created this in another thread?
[/quote]
You mean the plastic looks slightly different than the metal?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yea, it's not as white. Almost has a creamy sun damage look to it, but it's not very obvious. I only noticed it from washing it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=71959.msg1279242#msg1279242 date=1174415623]
Yea, it's not as white. Almost has a creamy sun damage look to it, but it's not very obvious. I only noticed it from washing it.
[/quote]
If it's that noticeable it sounds as if a trip to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I also have paint chips on edge of the driver side door. But is to late for me to call the dealer I already covered it with touch up paint. Damn!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I heard from the dealer today it seems my SEL is going back to Ford the company rep. is going to look at it and the Service Mgr. is going to get me a New Fusion! :shock:

They said they had a box full of paint that the body shop had scraped off my car :(
Man this paint is really messed up!! :shock:

But it seems they are going to stand behind it and do the right thing. :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same paint "bubble" problem. I noticed right after I picked up my 06 last Aug. Unfortuneatly I moved shortly after and when I took it to a dealer near my new home they didn't seem to care. They saw that damn sticker on the rear deck lid and pretty much didn't look at it after that.
Keep us posted I'd like to hear what they do for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote author=BlueFordRedSchwinn link=topic=71959.msg1283025#msg1283025 date=1174534562]
I have the same paint "bubble" problem. I noticed right after I picked up my 06 last Aug. Unfortuneatly I moved shortly after and when I took it to a dealer near my new home they didn't seem to care. They saw that damn sticker on the rear deck lid and pretty much didn't look at it after that.
Keep us posted I'd like to hear what they do for you.
[/quote]

Mine was not just a bubble it was a fifty cent peice of paint along with the primer that chipped off and once the body man started taking it off it just keep going. It seems that the primer didn`t adhere to the metal at all.
If you have a bubble they should be able to sand that and blind it in then re-paint that spot they should take care of it if it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=duckone link=topic=71959.msg1282556#msg1282556 date=1174521913]
Well I heard from the dealer today it seems my SEL is going back to Ford the company rep. is going to look at it and the Service Mgr. is going to get me a New Fusion! :shock:
[/quote]
You're going to get a brand new Fusion because of a paint problem? Sounds strange. Tell us more.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it's as bad as it sounds, I think he should get a new car. It sounds like they missed a step in the prep./painting process. I don't think Ford wants a Fusion that looks like those Dodge Neons (you know the ones - paint that peeled off the trunk/hood/roof in huge pieces) on the road. What's up with those anyway?

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote author=Cueball link=topic=71959.msg1284185#msg1284185 date=1174586057]
If it's as bad as it sounds, I think he should get a new car. It sounds like they missed a step in the prep./painting process. I don't think Ford wants a Fusion that looks like those Dodge Neons (you know the ones - paint that peeled off the trunk/hood/roof in huge pieces) on the road. What's up with those anyway?
[/quote]

That is what the Service Mgr. said and it looks as if that is what happened. :(

I will post what happens and if the dealer stands up for me as they stated I will let you know also.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=duckone link=topic=71959.msg1285166#msg1285166 date=1174609031]
[quote author=Cueball link=topic=71959.msg1284185#msg1284185 date=1174586057]
[/quote]

That is what the Service Mgr. said and it looks as if that is what happened. :(

I will post what happens and if the dealer stands up for me as they stated I will let you know also.
[/quote]
How long have you had the car? How many miles on it?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts