FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got rear ended by a tahoe last week, on the freeway. i was going about 20, she was probably 50+ :shock:
i got some whiplash, but the chiropractor just about has that all sorted out. the car didnt fair so well....

hopefully it totals!! my insurance sent an adjuster out and his half ass estimate was $9300, which was missing ALOT.
i wrote my own estimate and came up with 18k, still missing some parts. so hopefully i wont be fixing it. the other driver's insurance is supposed to come out this week..

btw the adjuster's system went to total loss at about 14800, my system was at about 14000

·
Registered
817 Posts
That baby looks totaled to me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=69271.msg1201156#msg1201156 date=1171234238]
I would guess that they total that one.
[/quote]

i sure hope so

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yikes. Your car looks like mine only smashed. I can't look.
Who is your insurance company? I used to work in a body shop and I've seen some companies fix worse.

Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my insurance is allied. the car that hit me has viking.

i work in a body shop too.
the floor is buckled pretty bad, so hopefully it will total

·
Registered
421 Posts
Looks like a pacer now. My buddy just had the same happen with a Honda Accord. score, Fusion - 1 Accord totaled. Cost 5,000 in repairs but no major strucktural damage. We car pooled for months and he liked my car so much he bought the same except he opted for 17" rims. 500 miles at the time of the accident! sucks don't it!

·
Registered
421 Posts
[quote author=Nr9 link=topic=69271.msg1201915#msg1201915 date=1171261050]
you should poison the tahoe owner or kidnap his children, etc.
[/quote]Are you a terrorist?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yikes! Glad your alright, sorry about the fusion though, if they don't consider that totaled I'd like to see what is (completely crushed along with you maybe? In which case they wouldn't need to pay! Bastards)

·
Registered
421 Posts
[quote author=Nr9 link=topic=69271.msg1201956#msg1201956 date=1171264664]
no. is that considered terrorism?
[/quote]I guess that depends on intent!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thread hijacked. turns out the other driver only has minimum 5k property damage insurance, so my company will be handling the claim entirely. i called the adjuster to come back out for a supplement, hopefully his comes this week.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=takotruckin link=topic=69271.msg1203037#msg1203037 date=1171319017]
thread hijacked. turns out the other driver only has minimum 5k property damage insurance, so my company will be handling the claim entirely. i called the adjuster to come back out for a supplement, hopefully his comes this week.
[/quote]
There's something rotten in Denmark about this deal.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:shock: Ouch is right! If they try to fix this car demand all Ford parts, no aftermarket cheap crap!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my policy doesnt have oem endorsement, so they can basically put whatever they want on it. it aint right, but they can do it. the adjuster wrote up a used left quarter, bumper, and deck lid, which is odd, because an oem decklid is about $50 cheaper than the used one, before markup on the used one... damn this thing better total, i can't be without my car for 3 months while its getting fixed...

·
Registered
391 Posts
wth if she only has $5000 property damage, she isn't liable for it anymore?

also, if they choose to fix it, shouldnt they provide a loaner?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i guess my insurance just pays for it, and then collects the 5k from the other company. i don't have rental coverage, i have a suburban to drive, but it just uses WAY too much gas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote author=Nr9 link=topic=69271.msg1203399#msg1203399 date=1171328298]
wth if she only has $5000 property damage, she isn't liable for it anymore?

also, if they choose to fix it, shouldnt they provide a loaner?
[/quote]

I'm a claims adjuster. I'll try my best to explain.

His insurance company will have an option; either they can take the $5k from the claimant's insurance carrier, or they can choose to recover directly from the claimant (the person who hit him). Seeing as how his insurance company will total his car and pay him over $15,000 and of that, they'd only recover 5k from the other insurance company, they'll most likely (if they have the energy for it) choose to take the claimant to court.

It is legal to have a policy that is limited to $5000 in property damage liability. At least, it is in certain states.. some lower, some higher. Lower property damage liability limits make for cheaper policies... but put you at a very high risk of being sued in the case your policy limits out and you caused a lot of damage. Your insurance company most likely won't stand idly and pay you for your car and not seek recovery for their damages.

By the way.. if they only recover a small amount of their loss, you could possibly only get a portion of your collision deductable back.

-cris

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.