FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was backed into in a parking lot. Left rear quarter panel smashed. Fuel filler door smashed. End of bumper and wheel well liner damaged. Dealer now has car - estimates $2,000 to $3,000 to fix.

Dealer says "first Fusion in the body shop". I guess that's one 'first' I didn't want. Now without my unit for maybe 2 weeks. What a disappointment!

Body shop says it will be impossible to tell the difference when they're done. They've done excellent work for me before, now I will have to undergo the usual fight with an insurance adjuster. Felt like I was leaving my first-born at the dealer when I limped in this morning. Budget Rent a car will probably give me a rice burner (oh joy!) for the interim.

Just posting this to complain about life's inequities. BTW - the vehicle which hit me was an F-150. At least it stayed in the family. There was essentially no damage to the truck - its chrome bumper is about 30" off the groud and hits right about the filler cap. It's almost impossible to see a Fusion (or any other modern car) out of the rear of an F-150.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry, bartman1. That stinks. Maybe Budget will bless you with a Mustang GT or something... :twisted:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I feel for ya Bartman1.
Mine got whacked by a flying piece of  tire the car in front of me ran over.
The good news is, my local bodyshop fixed the dents and did a perfect match with the paint. Can't even tell it was ever whacked. LOL

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's funny, I almost got wacked by an F-150 today. The moron decided to tailgate me in a downpour and when I slowed down to turn all I heard what skidding. He was all over the road trying to stop. I was actually hoping he'd hit me so I could total out the car......

·
Registered
580 Posts
Must be the season to get wacked. Yesterday, my wife had to eat a curb to keep from getting hit. Luckly it did not get the rim. Then we went to dinner and rock came off an F-150 tread and pitted the windshield. It's not bad and I guess it could have been a broken windshield. Oh well, were still alive!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear that!! :? I always crinch when I drive to Cali from Vegas! All those big rigs? I think I got a few nicks on the windshield..I hope you get your Fusion soon! And hopefully they will do a great job? Did you get any pics of the damage?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got my car back last Tuesday. After $2,500 and three weeks, the car looks like new. Ford dealer did an excellent job, and made sure the insurance adjuster didn't skimp on the work.

During the car's hospital stay, got a Pontiac G-6 to drive. Basically a nice car, but not as tight or comfortable as the Fusion. Good energy - think it had a V6, but didn't impress me with any handling braking or driver control.

Think the Pontiac would be a good car only if it is $7000 to $8000 less than the Fusion. Makes you appreciate your "ride".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts