FordFusionClub.com banner

OUCH, got my first boo-booo today

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  RandyR 
#1 ·
:x
Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh   My Fusion got whacked this morning.
Car in front of me ran over something and it flew up and hit the right front fender.  CRAP!!
I know it doesn't look too bad,  a little dent, some missing paint and some scratches: but it's a NEW CAR.
Less than 988 miles and haven't made the first payment yet.
Gonna go get estimate today. Sure hope they can match the Titanium Green paint.
hope the image shows up ok.

See less See more
#2 ·
That sucks! :cry:

I feel your pain though not as much .. there is alot of sand and grit all over the roads here due to the recent ice. Some small rock wacked my grill and I have a small ding that went through the chrome .. worried it might corrude . . :cry:

Also I had to swerve to miss someone's lost firewood and a car infront of my tossed one over from the ajecant lane which I ran over .. luckily no damage there.

#4 ·
My route to work takes me by a quarry every day, and I have to follow gravel trucks every morning which sling rocks at me. I have three dings in my black paint so far, and today I noticed one that has gone through the chrome on the grill. REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
Followup to my OUCH.
Went to Ford dealership for a quote to fix the fender. It actually has another dent I didn't notice.
The area close to the side marker light is pushed in a little, causing the upper part of my bumper to be pulled in with it. Dealer wants to remove the bumper, fix the dents, paint and blend the paint into the hood also. WHAT???? The hood is fine. I understand the blending part,  but I don't want any good paint messed with. He wants $1085.00 and 4.5 days.
Next I went to my local body shop I've used before. They did a really good jof fixing my T-Bird that a deer jumped onto. He said $425.00. He said he wouldn't touch the hood because it's not necessary. He'll just remove the headlight and work from there and when he paints it, he'll blend into the fender.
He will get the car Monday morning. Says it should only take 2 days.  I'll let you know.

#8 ·
I know the Ouch feeling, not as bad as your dent, but on my trip to Daytona I would swear that I-95 is a gravel road.  Got hit by atleast 3 little rocks and one good sized one. Result, 2 paint chips, one on the front bumper (toothpick touch up will fix) and one on the hood.  Also got hit in the windshield and sounded like someone shot a Shotgun at me, slight chip in the top glass, nothing major though. 

#10 ·
I almost lost mine the other day, I was headed for Blockbuster the other day and someone in the Safeway parking lot I had to go through almost T-Boned me.  any good shop should beable to match your paint perfectly, especial since it's so new. I have the same green and love the color, get a lot of compliments on it.

#11 ·
:klavergreg:

UPDATE:
Got my car back from the shop yesterday.

WHOOPEEE!!!!! They did a great job of painting the fender. Can't even tell it was repainted.
Color match is perfect. I'm getting the leftover paint from them today.
This is my local guy that only charged me $425.00 instead of the dealer that wanted $1085.00.

On the road again.

#13 ·
I have found my first battle wound when washing the car yesterday.

On the spoke of my front driver's side wheel there is a chip on one of the spokes. Not sure where it came from since there is no indication of curb rash. The only thing I can think of as that it is a stone chip :?

I think I will at least go to the dealer to see if it is a defect, and possibly a warranty issue.

#15 ·
That is what is odd about it. there is only the chip there and not another mark on the wheel.

I am sure that it was caused by something from the road hitting it, but I would expect the wheels to be a bit more durable.

#16 ·
A friend of mine works at a tire store .. he gets all sorts of complains, and stuff from people about their rims, either blaiming him or complaining they are cheap.

One day a customer was complaining about possible damage they had done putting on the rim. The store manager pointed out that nearly all of it was caused by road debree, and that one scuff mark may have been done by the replacing the tire. My friend commented to me in exasperation ..

the road is really tough on cars, especially the rims, and stuff down low with all the debree that hits that car at high speed. If these guys want their cars to look like new they should just stop driving them. :D

The rims on my SEL look like they are patined, and appear to have a clear coat on them. So I would expect that they could chip if hit hard. (in fact there is an imperfection on one of my rims, some sort of debree under the paint/clear coat).

I wonder if waxing them woudl be a good idea to help keep them clean, and looking new.

#17 ·
I always wax the wheels along with the rest of the car. Don't know if it really helps or not, but makes me feel better. Really makes me mad when tire places leave marks on them after rotating and balancing. Some are much worse with this than others. I have one tire dealer I always deal with specifically because I know their equipment never scratches the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.