FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2008 last week!! It's a company vehicle, but I decided to "spice" it up a bit...

Here's what I got:
2008 Ford Fusion SEL V6
6spd automatic transmission
Black exterior color
Black / charcoal Leather Interior
14T Sport Appearance Package
50E Moon & Tune
43P Reverse Sensing system
46A Heated Front Seats
613 Traction Control
Destination
Gasoline

TTL: $23,194.05

The dealer threw in a clear front bra application on the hood and front bumper and mudflaps. Should be here in 6-8 weeks.

Did I mention that I was excited? :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I wimped out on the interior. Those red seat inserts are very ugly to me. My dealer ended up ordering cloth and is going to have an independent shop install black / charcoal leather seats. I am told the only thing that will be missing is the red stitching. That's fine with me -- those red inserts are terrible to me!

Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I'm going to put some tint on the windows, too. In Illinois, you can't tint the side windows so I am thinking about 35% on the rear passenger and drivers side windows and 20% on the far back window. With the dark interior, it should be even darker in person.

I'm tempted to put something very light on the drivers and passenger front windows, but I don't want to chance a ticket ... 8)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I understand the reasoning behind tint laws. I have a friend who's a cop. But you would think all of the windows could be tinted to some extent instead of just the back glasses. I'm not exactly sure what the law is on tint here in Tennessee but most cops I've talked to say 35-38% and they won't mess with you. I know that's not real dark but at least you can have a uniformed look all the way around. I guess we are fortunate. That Illinois tint law really bites. :cheers:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stopped at a tint shop in the area and they wanted $280 to tint the windows :shock: Perhaps I am misguided, but I paid $150 in Ohio when I lived there with a lifetime warrant against bubbling, peeling and fading. Seems like $280 is a bit high to me -- thoughts?

I am going to go 50% on the side windows, 35% on the back windows and then 20% on the rear window. I hate having that much variety, but I think the black interior will help even things out -- I hope?!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congrats on the future car, the specs sound great. The tint price does sound a bit high but perhaps they do really great work. Last thing you need is a really bad tint job. Make sure you hammer out the details on what they are going to do to the back window as many have had problems with that uneven strip of black which most have been unsuccessful in tinting properly.

Let us know when it comes in. Great price by the way!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a guy 2 miles from my house to do it for $180, less 15% online coupon. We'll be talking about that dot matrix strip. I am thinking about asking him to put a black sticker type thing over that area -- who knows? :?

5 weeks left to wait! :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts