FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all this talk about how not satisfied all the enthusiasts are with the stock brakes on the fusion. Let's make it constructive in a way to help those who really want to improve braking performance.

Please list below the options avaiable to improving the brakes and I will add them. Please include a review of them if you used them. Hopefully the mods will make a sticky.

Brake pads:
EBC Greenstuff
EBC Redstuff

Rotors
EBC (?? don't fit)

Brake Lines
???

Big Brake Kits
??

anything else?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Tommy0206 link=topic=69597.msg1231349#msg1231349 date=1172433186]
The link shows 11/11.8, fr/rr rotors. What size are the OEM? Will the stock calipers work?
[/quote]

looks as of the fronts are 11.8 and the rears are 11 looks as if they are just replacements for your stockers so calipers should work just fine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just an FYI if you've never used EBC before:

The slotted, dimpled rotors are loud when braking. They "buzz" when braking. Some like it, some don't. You can "warp" an EBC rotor, though it's harder to do than the stock unit, it is still possible. Red pads are designed for track use, requiring some warm-up for maximum braking efficiency. IE> In cold winter months, you will not have the maximum braking force until the pads are warm requiring pumping of the brakes to increase friction. Green pads are the way to go. Green pads with the stock rotors would also be a worthwhile upgrade for those who want stock noise levels with better grip. Keep in mind the ABS may not allow full stopping power of a brake upgrade, as it is pretty sensitive on a Fusion.

If you view EBC's website on the difference between Green and Red pads, you'll see that they have similar friction coefficients (braking power) of .55 for green and .5 for red, but RedStuff pads are "...fast road pad for repeated heavy braking." This is the warm up I was talking about. Notice it dosen't say 'slow city driving in the snow braking.' 8)

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=seawolf link=topic=69597.msg1281204#msg1281204 date=1174488771]
Just an FYI if you've never used EBC before:

The slotted, dimpled rotors are loud when braking. They "buzz" when braking. Some like it, some don't. You can "warp" an EBC rotor, though it's harder to do than the stock unit, it is still possible. Red pads are designed for track use, requiring some warm-up for maximum braking efficiency. IE> In cold winter months, you will not have the maximum braking force until the pads are warm requiring pumping of the brakes to increase friction. Green pads are the way to go. Green pads with the stock rotors would also be a worthwhile upgrade for those who want stock noise levels with better grip. Keep in mind the ABS may not allow full stopping power of a brake upgrade, as it is pretty sensitive on a Fusion.

If you view EBC's website on the difference between Green and Red pads, you'll see that they have similar friction coefficients (braking power) of .55 for green and .5 for red, but RedStuff pads are "...fast road pad for repeated heavy braking." This is the warm up I was talking about. Notice it dosen't say 'slow city driving in the snow braking.' 8)

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html
[/quote]

Hi,

My fault. I ordered the green one and not the red one. AHHHHHH i'm getting cofused with all those color codes. But yes I bought the green ones and not the red ones.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So did you get your rotors/pads installed?

Let us know how they work and post pictures if you can please...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:

I found out today that the Mazda 6 2006+ pads will fit the fusion no problem. I reccoemend that rpmstore.com for our orders. I have dealt with them before; They have good service.

http://www.satisfiedbrakes.com/brakes/index.html#

Also have pads that fit our cars.

Hawks HPS pads are still in production; The wait is 3-6 months.

·
Registered
178 Posts
what are the best pads out there for our cars?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts