FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy one for stereo reasons. Anybody running a yellow top and have a part # so I can get 1 through work for cheapo?

G

·
It won't work, already tried putting one of those batteries in.

If you don't believe me you can look for yourself. When you go to put the battery in, the cables won't stretch far enough across the top of the battery to reach the terminals. And yes I know it also has side terminals, however if you decide to turn the battery around then the cables would have to cross and they still won't reach.

Save your time and money, it won't work period. You can thank Ford for using shitty motorcraft batteries.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=85012.msg1605246#msg1605246 date=1186021563]
It won't work, already tried putting one of those batteries in.

If you don't believe me you can look for yourself. When you go to put the battery in, the cables won't stretch far enough across the top of the battery to reach the terminals. And yes I know it also has side terminals, however if you decide to turn the battery around then the cables would have to cross and they still won't reach.

Save your time and money, it won't work period. You can thank Ford for using shitty motorcraft batteries.
[/quote]

U remember your part #? I e'mailed them and will be measuring depth width and height dimensions tomorrow so this doesn't happen.

So since you didn't get the Optima, u still running the factory battery or did you find something else that works? I have to do something, I'll have 1700 watts worth of amplifiers.

G

·
Yeah I actually owned the yellow top optima battery and my dealership actually offered to install it for me. They tried everything and nothing worked, it simply will not work.

I am also in seach of a new deep cycle battery, this stock ones are shit. My stereo system actually ate through my last battery, made corrosion all around the + terminal. Let me know if you find anything. Right now I am only pushing 1200 watts.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FOUND A BATTERY THAT WORKS!!!! :D

It's an Odyssey Dry Cell Battery. I went to a place in town called AllPak Battery. Dude came out and looked at my battery, called around to a couple distributor and this is what he came up with after taking measurements of both the batteries. The Odyssey is actually about .5" shorter than our batteries, so at the most you might need to put a small pad underneath the battery or bend the battery holder a little bit. But, this is the battery that will do the trick.

Part # is: Odyssey Battery's PC1200MJT

seen plenty of them on ebay between 170 - 200 dollar range.

Hope this helps some of you stereo guys, Bassnutz, Ryman.

G

·
Sweet, did you put it in yet?

That's on my To Buy List, along with the vinyl cutouts, from slater.

Ugh, I still need to pay off a lot of money, might be awhile before I buy anything. That's alrite, I will see how long this battery will last me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Havn't yet, it'll prob. be the last thing to come in. I have no doubts that It won't work though. I always check shtuff out before I buy. I'm kind of a 'perfectionist' If you would.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=KaBooM link=topic=85012.msg1613748#msg1613748 date=1186340692]
FOUND A BATTERY THAT WORKS!!!! :D

It's an Odyssey Dry Cell Battery. I went to a place in town called AllPak Battery. Dude came out and looked at my battery, called around to a couple distributor and this is what he came up with after taking measurements of both the batteries. The Odyssey is actually about .5" shorter than our batteries, so at the most you might need to put a small pad underneath the battery or bend the battery holder a little bit. But, this is the battery that will do the trick.

Part # is: Odyssey Battery's PC1200MJT

seen plenty of them on ebay between 170 - 200 dollar range.

Hope this helps some of you stereo guys, Bassnutz, Ryman.
[/quote]

Just ordered one from these guys. http://www.batterymart.com/p-odyssey-pc1200mjt-battery.html

Thanks for the heads up on this.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Have you installed this battery?Since i'm doing upgrades,i need to do my battery also.I'm interested in seeing how your factory terminals looks connected along with your amp power leads to this battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts