FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
This car has been the topic of several threads, search around, you can find them. I am sure someone will chime in also.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=CDNFusion link=topic=78266.msg1429884#msg1429884 date=1179878247]
what about warranty :lol:
[/quote]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=CDNFusion link=topic=78266.msg1429884#msg1429884 date=1179878247]
Seems like a decent price for a one of a kind but what about warranty :lol:
[/quote]

Going to have to ask the pit crew on that one. But not only that, think of the insurance costs. My sister's boyfriend has a Chevrolet Cobalt that is completely modified and his insurance premiums are over $5000 a year.

I like the mods, but it's not a race car and doesn't need a million decals.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think the big problem would be that engine -- probably not smog legal and therefore, not a street car, at least in California where they're trying to sell it. That's also probably why there's no license plates on it, so you might even have to tow it off their property and out of California to some state that doesn't care if you bought it. Manufacturers of turbos and superchargers have to jump through a lot of expensive hoops to get a California Air Resources Board Executive Order certifying parts as smog legal, and then they have to sell a lot of them to make their money back. Cool as it might be, a Fusion 2.3 turbo kit would not likely be a very hot seller. Of course, if it is already registered in California, new cars are free from smog checks for 2 or 3 years, so you could probably get away with it, although you'd be in for a big headache when you did have to finally get it smogged. And the state has tinkered with some experimental on-the-fly smog checking programs, so you could get caught in the web just driving it around.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I believe a new vehicle is smog exempt for 4 years. But around here the police department does checkpoints on vehicles. They'll give you a free courtesy vehicle inspection. I've gone through one already in my Fusion and they asked me where I had my exhaust installed. One officer looked underneath to make sure it was properly welded in place and that all factory mounts were used.

Crazy, 'eh?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't like the stickers/draxas logo up front. Otherwise looks great and the turbo is appealing. I imagine my insurance (and most other peoples as well) would be terrible

·
Registered
702 Posts
Why would your insurance go up? You'd have to tell the insurance company that you did mods for them to know you have more HP.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=78266.msg1436317#msg1436317 date=1180073551]
Why would your insurance go up? You'd have to tell the insurance company that you did mods for them to know you have more HP.
[/quote]

You pretty much have to tell them all the modifcations you've done (at least in California), especially if your car gets broken into or you have anything stolen. Before I switched to Progressive, I had AAA and they inspected my vehicle every year when I renewed my policy.

·
Registered
702 Posts
OH SHIT REALLY!! I have AAA!!!! And I live in Cali! Well I'll just have to put my intake silencer back on, they don't check computer do they? What about exhausts? What would that do to my insurance?

On the original topic, I don't think that car sold, it didn't hit it's reserve.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Or you can do what I did...move out of California and then you don't have to worry about smog checks and the insurance nazi's inspecting your car every year.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Na, I like it here(i live about an hour and a half north of Sacramento, away from all the city BS. But then again, it would get me away from the future mother-in-law :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think California sucks. Everything is expensive and very limited to what you can do. When I had the 2003 Mach 1 I invested about $10,00 worth of mods and my insurance was still on the same rate. A Procharge supercharger, hooker header with mid pipes, and a Borla stinger cat back, dyno tuned, upgraded ignition, nitto 555's, and fr500 17x10.5 wheels. And I never had to report that to my insurance company.

Now the day when I got hit and my mach was reported totaled. My insurance gladly gave me the money of the mach 1 and the additional $10000 I spent on mods, and the only thing they needed was all the invoices or recipts of the parts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
California is GREAT!

I was born in Oceanside and lived in Carlsbad tell I was 18. Then moved with family to Michigan were I currently live...... Michigan sucks! I might be moving down south with the Girl a a year or so. Maybe Tenn.

·
Registered
613 Posts
[quote author=1fordfusion link=topic=78266.msg1941769#msg1941769 date=1198445474]
so i bought this car and drove it home just outside portland Or. I wish I would have read some of the posts first. DEQ was a problem.
[/quote]

Wait.........You bought the Draxxas monster?
w00t, pics? review? ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
wow, yeah, im curious how that car runs. they put a HI-Boost Turbo kit on it from a mazda 6, and modified the maf housing. give us some info on how it rides, how quick it is, yada.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.