FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does it seem like we are the only ones lacking in this sub-forum? There has got to be more people in this area that drive Fusions. I am in Southern Maryland and looking for some other Fusion people to hang out with and discuss modding their Fusions with.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
It's not just you. Detroit is really the only area that has meets. A lot of American cars in Detroit so greater chance of people owning a fusion. I don't really see any other area that's active except for when Carlisle is in town..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just seems like there should be more of us around I suppose. I don't understand seeing how the Fusion is a hell of a car and looks great imo. Why would I want to mod a Honda or VW when I can be a little different and do the fusion which to me looks soooooo much better when they are done right. I mean of course I would love to turbo it or something to get some more power but geez come on people the car is such a good looking platform to start with.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
There's little to no aftermarket for our cars. I had an old guy pull up next to me @ a light w/ his milan. He rolled down his window and told me "Nice car, but I got these." He pointed to his chrome side pillars. The guy was about 80 yrs old. I've seen one REAL riced out milan on here..the guy got his ass ripped apart and never came back.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
There's none in my area either. I'm 45 and I like a nice car (don't have to be a young guy..offense taken)....all the "kids" around here have theirs "riced" or "donked". Fusion/Milan drivers around here are all grocery getters.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol I'll be 34 next month so I'm right there with you. I just don't understand why they're not more aftermarket parts for our cars. Seems like a missed market to me.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
[quote author=Speedyg76 link=topic=177930.msg3761921#msg3761921 date=1281718792]
lol I'll be 34 next month so I'm right there with you. I just don't understand why they're not more aftermarket parts for our cars. Seems like a missed market to me.
[/quote]

FSwerks started with the fusion and cancelled it when they realized there was no interest. Granted..this was back when the car was just introduced but I tend to agree w/ them. There's not much going on w/ the fusion. Our forum is the most performance/mod oriented fusion forum and there's not too many people spending money on their car. Go to focaljet, etc..there's 1000's of members with heavily modded cars.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Market research, probably shows the majority purchaser is either for a family car, senior's car, or a grocery getter.... which normally would indicate that there is not a huge profit to be made in these cars. BUT we can borrow from the Mazda6 aftermarket. Which for some reason draws more of the younger crowd. But us enthusiasts have prevailed for the most part, as it seems a lot of us have really long mod lists :squint:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=The Only MTS link=topic=177930.msg3761918#msg3761918 date=1281718617]
Note I said "younger" ;) We are not all still wet behind the ears :lol:

Hell next year I crack the 40 mark... where the hell does time go???
[/quote]

I wish I could tell you...all I know is that it went. :shock:

One would think there would be more younger folks with our cars. If everything goes well I'll be at Carlisle this year. It looks like that is our only option for a club other than interwebz.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
I bought it as a family car, decided it had more potential looks and handleing wise. Then I started w/ engine mods and I just saw it as a lost cause so I stick w/ visual crap now. I def. won't race anyone in it.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
[quote author=The Only MTS link=topic=177930.msg3761953#msg3761953 date=1281719699]
Carlisle is really sounding like an "I need to be there" type of event. Will have to pull some strings and make it a business trip also ;)
[/quote]

+1

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
It's fun to sit and BS w/ people who have something in common. I'm not a sports fan, I don't drink so I pretty much have nothing to say to most of the world.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I may have to make it to Carlisle then as well.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts