FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Fusion about 2 weeks ago and noticed a slight oil smell sometimes while stopped. I assumed it was because the car was new. Other new cars I've had had a slight oil smell for the 1st 100 miles. Around 400 miles I looked under the car to see if I could see anything. A part of the car had a little bit of oil residue. I wipped it off. Today, about 200 miles later, I looked under the car again to check that spot and there was more oil residue. It's not enough that is had dripped off yet. Here is a picture. Where do you think it is leaking from?

It's not transmission fluid. It's oil.

I hate going to the dealer. :(

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=ToBeHuman link=topic=75707.msg1362564#msg1362564 date=1177465252]
I got my Fusion about 2 weeks ago and noticed a slight oil smell sometimes while stopped. I assumed it was because the car was new. Other new cars I've had had a slight oil smell for the 1st 100 miles. Around 400 miles I looked under the car to see if I could see anything. A part of the car had a little bit of oil residue. I wipped it off. Today, about 200 miles later, I looked under the car again to check that spot and there was more oil residue. It's not enough that is had dripped off yet. Here is a picture. Where do you think it is leaking from?

It's not transmission fluid. It's oil.

I hate going to the dealer. :(
[/quote]

Hello and welcome, ToBeHuman! :wavey: I am assuming that you bought the car new, as the bottom is still spotless. If that is the case (and even if you bought it used), your car is covered under the "New Car Warranty". Take it to the Dealer to have it examined and fixed. :bash:

If you don't want to return to the Dealer where you purchased because you don't care for that particular Dealer, take it to another Ford Dealer.

Please believe me when I say I am not trying to be a wise guy, but why would you take a new car that is covered under warranty, anywhere but a Ford Dealer, :dur: where it will be fixed and covered under warranty? You take it to an independent service shop, and you will pay for the repairs.

Best of luck with your new Fusion! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
As said above, I would take it back up there the first chance I got and demand it be fix ASAP. Then I would complain that it took to long and demand something for your time!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah do as Jaysen said and you will really hate going to the dealer after that. :D
You should take it to the dealer. You never know it might be something easy like engine assembly lube. All new Fords have oil dye added from the factory just for the kind of concern.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi guys! this is my first post here and i have seen a lot of cool stuff here. i am a ford tech for 20 years now and i just bought my first NEW ford in along time which was a 07 fusion se V6. the first time i put it on a lift to put my magnaflow exhaust on from steeda i saw a oil leak and was like wtf. so i got online to check for tsbs and ssm on fmc dealer website and found out it was assembly lube that i saw. i cleaned up what was there off and havent seen it since. i hope this helps you guys. and by the way i posted late and have a a few beers :) . any info you guys need for your fusions post and i will check into it. might take some time but i will get back to you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info swank50. Is this the same place you found oil on your car? Unfortunately I cleaned the oil off and more came back. :(

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I have the same exact "problem" in that exact area. At first I thought it was transmission fluid, but it's not red. I've cleaned it a few times now, but it always comes back slightly less than the previosu time. The dealership said it was "normal" and it was just a lubrication that was applied to the seals that works it's way out while driving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=ToBeHuman link=topic=75707.msg1365694#msg1365694 date=1177556095]
Thanks for the info swank50. Is this the same place you found oil on your car? Unfortunately I cleaned the oil off and more came back. :(
[/quote]

yes it was the same spot. they just might have used a little more lube on yours for whatever reason.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ciscoford23 & swank50 ,

Thanks for letting me know that your lubricant residue was in the exact same area. I feel alot better now. I'll keep cleaning it off to see if it comes back. THANKS FOR THE INFO!

I FEEL ALOT BETTER!!!
I FEEL ALOT BETTER!!!
I FEEL ALOT BETTER!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts