FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone one know the torque setting for the oil drain plug? Also, is there a gasket on the drain plug that needs to be replaced or does the plug have to be replaced at each oil change? This is for the 4cyl.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry, I have a 6 cylinder but am posting for general info. Hand tight with a wrench and no gasket on the V6. That plug has so many threads it's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am curious about this too. The owner's guide says to replace the o-ring on the filter and drain plug. I have an I-4 Milan and the next oil change is due soon (dealer did the first oil change for free).

·
Registered
833 Posts
21 ft-lbson the oil pan drain plug..no gasket . You do have to replace the "o" rings on the filter cover (24 ft-lbs) and the "oil filter" drain plug (89 inch-lbs)

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but hey, you never know until you ask, right? :)

Do the new "O" rings come with the new oil filter when you buy it, or do you have to purchase them separately? I'm at 9000 miles right now so I'll be changing my oil in the next month.

·
Registered
833 Posts
They should come with the new oil filter. Make sure to check the box when you buy them. I had a couple that were missing one or the other of the "o" rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts