FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often does Ford recommend for oil changes on the '07s?

(It's every 5K miles for the "Normal Schedule" on the '06s.)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It's the exact same - 5,000 miles. If you're going to use a 10,000 mile oil then I guess you can go every 10K, but there's something iffy about not checking your car but every 10,000 miles IMO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
get aMSOIL 0w-20 and go 25000 or one year

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The warranty requires oil changes every 5K.

After the warranty period extended oil change intervals are certainly possible with the right oil. It's a very good idea to get a UAO (used oil analysis) done to make sure your particular engine/filters/driving style can be pushed past the 8K mark.

Personally I wouldn't recommend any oil be taken out to 25K without a "bypass filter" setup.

For more info on thios you can visit the oil forum (BITOG).
http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

·
Registered
57 Posts
i drive about 8 to 12k a year...one time i only got 6k on a year.......so i have never made it that far....but if i did i wouldn't worry a bit...oil are soo good now in days....go 6 months or 10k on regualr dino garbage oil is easy...my friend drove his jeep wrangler 00 with a strait 6 and never changed his oil for 5 years and 75k....and he never had a problem with his car..I WOULD NEVER DO THAT...but it goes to show....it's a waste of money and natural resources to do 3m/3k or even 6m/5k....i save show much money and you could too...PLEASE SAVE MOTHER EARTH AND YOUR POCKET BOOK WITH ME :( use mobil, amsoil, redline, whatever...1 year oil changes.... :klavergreg:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, do what makes feel good but once again:
"The warranty requires oil changes every 5K."

·
Registered
57 Posts
you need to get off your moms computer talking smack to people...i hear her calling for dinner...the street lights are on.....
and you dont need to do 5k oil changes to keep warrenty on your car....i am down talking about this...you guys can do what you want waste your money and put crap in your car.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=jamhole538 link=topic=90397.msg1761953#msg1761953 date=1191624186]
i save show much money and you could too...
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts