FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to get enough people together to prove to these companies that their are enough of us out there that would like to have projector headlights for our Ford Fusions.

I've been searching, and searching, and searching. I can't find a single thing, that even suggest anyone is in research or development.

So I figure if we can get enough people to come to this thread and want them, well maybe we can motivate a company to start producing them. You can't expect things to come to you, YOU have to do it your damn self.

Kind of like a petition I guess, so start signing, and let me know if you find any info what so ever.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I think everybody would be down for a set of projectors. However, nothing cheap! I would rather pay more to get a good quality piece!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an update, I contacted three Taiwan & China companies that manufacture headlight housings and assemblies. Waiting for an e-mail back, let's keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=82299.msg1536471#msg1536471 date=1183564577]
I think everybody would be down for a set of projectors. However, nothing cheap! I would rather pay more to get a good quality piece!
[/quote]
+1

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in...... and can we add to the list some LEDs for the tail lights without the chrome. Maybe some smoked colored ones!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got an e-mail back today from one of the companies.

She states that in order for them to make a new housing, they would like to come out with a complete new projector headlight assembly. So I am assuming it would come with bulbs as well?

She also said, sales would need to reach 5000 in the first year. We have no where near that number on this forum. So give or take, we would buy about 80, we would have to rely on the rest of the world to buy 4,920.

Let me copy and paste her email.

Dear Mr. Ryan Hallquist

Thank you for your inquiry via B2B regarding projector headlight housing.

We're an exporter with R&D department to develop after-market headlight/taillight for our buyers. Any new project at our tooling cost if your order q'ty reaches 5000 sets annually.

We're not interested in new tooling for the housing only. We'd like to produce a complete set of projector headlight.

Please contact if we misunderstood you.

Best Regards
Amy Shih
E-mail : [email protected]
for Rocky Lin/Managing Director
Shiniest Industries Inc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Damn that sucks, it would of save so much work for the hid projector retro fit. All we would had to do is just replace that projector with a TSX, TL or which ever manufacture produces HID projectors.

Oh well, if you really want something, then you have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
371 Posts
If someone could please post a technical picture of the headlight housing front and back, perhaps we could all brain storm and come up with something?

Happy driving

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been thinking oh how to make projector headlights into the design we have now. If anyone has seen the way an Infiniti G35's headlights are setup, we may need to go that way.

We would leave the turn signal indicator where it is, and stack the low beam and high beam circlish projectors onto one another in the housing.

One more thing, still waiting on about 3 - 4 replies from other headlight companies.

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=82299.msg1539941#msg1539941 date=1183747527]
I've been thinking oh how to make projector headlights into the design we have now. If anyone has seen the way an Infiniti G35's headlights are setup, we may need to go that way.

We would leave the turn signal indicator where it is, and stack the low beam and high beam circlish projectors onto one another in the housing.

One more thing, still waiting on about 3 - 4 replies from other headlight companies.
[/quote]

I can ADD projectors to the low beams. I even have a set of HELLA DE Ellipsoids waiting (Good Stuff). All I need is to find a pair on Headlamps in a junk yard for cheap. The I wil engineer my set up and let you guys how it performs.

Alex

·
Registered
371 Posts
I work close to an automall and get my eye candy fill of Infinity's and BMW's on a daily basis and yes the Infinity's look really good but from a performance point of view, the German's projectors are far superior. I have been unsuccessful so far trying to get HID's from the scrap yard but am still looking (right now my search is exclusively for German cars). My thought is to remove the headlight unit, cut a hole around the low beam portion and remove it to be replaced by the projector. My biggest problem is securely fixing the projector so that it stays at the correct angle. I don't think I'd be able to rig a unit up so that an auto level system would be functional.

Wish there was a step by step like the guy who did his Apexcone HID kit! LOL

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thinking about the cut and paste project some more and I think that fiberglass would be the best way to make sure the new projector in the stock housing stays in the correct spot in the OEM headlight housing. The only problem is, there would be no adjustability once the fiberglass sets! :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea as soon as it sets, its in their for good. You would not be able to adjust it horizontally however you still could adjust it vertically if you mounted it in the stock headlight assembly.

Their is a screw on the assembly that you can turn to adjust the height.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BTW, if you feel confident enough to do it. I am sure we could always start a little fundraiser and purchase a new headlight assembly. Then scrap up or buy a new headlight projector type thing and let you tinker with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts

A set of those would be 180 USD. I have had Hella DE and they are GREAT. They come with adjusting screws. I am going to do something similar. I just need a set of headlamps to take apart and engineer something.

Alex

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.