FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an amp, line level and box to install going to the trunk. Not an audiophile system, just the regular. When people buy this what should we do next? Give us step by step instructions. Thanks.

One special note. I do not want to splice wires behind the head unit.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No matter what, you will have to splice wires to hook up your speaker out to line out. i dont have time right now to post a complete install but if someone didnt by monday id be more than happy to go through each step.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This post is a little mis-leading. How about adding a question mark, or searching the forums, or reading up on Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
443 Posts
Like sterny said, to use line level you'll need to use a line level converter- which will have to be spliced into your speaker wires behind the head unit. Once that's done, it's simple a matter of running your line level (RCA) wires to the trunk and connecting it to your amp. Then your amp power supply to the battery. The grommet is located above the brake pedal on the firewall and it enters the engine compartment behind the battery. I'm assuming you know to ground the amp to the chassis and how to run speaker wires from the amp to the sub box.

Splicing into the speaker wires isn't a big deal if you have the wiring diagram. You can find it on several posts in electronic discussions, or I can email it to you. If you need more detailed instructions, let me know.

The alternative is to pay a "professional" $50-100 to install it for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed an amp but with a aftermarket head unit. The worst part is fishing a large gauge power wire through that grommit. It is doable but a tight fit. I lubed the wire abit with some mild hand soap. May not be the best thing to do but it was much easier.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Aftermarket head units make the install easier (at least concerning an amp). You won't have to splice into the factory wires since most aftermarket head units have a sub pre-amp output. I think I used 4 GA for my power wire- and it went through the firewall without much effort. However, a little soap does work well if you have a tight fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just spliced into the speaker wires going into the back doors for the line level input, you just have to take the lower cover for the b piller off and the connector is inside the frame

1 - 8 of 8 Posts