FordFusionClub.com banner

Do you think you get good gas milage?

621 - 632 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haven't done the math yet but I think I'm averaging 36-40mpg in mixed driving in my '20 SE hybrid. I've owned it for 2 months now and have filled up twice in 1000 miles. I'm super happy with mileage. My last car was a Camaro SS. I averaged 16-17.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Fusion SE 2.0T getting 13.5 mpg. 90% city driving, I dont drive too crazy but Im also not the most fuel efficient. Im on 87 octane gas. Only had the car for about 3 mouths and the mpg been like this since i got it. I feel like the mpg is too low. Is the switch to premium worth it or is my bad mpg something else?

·
Administrator
6,151 Posts
2016 Fusion SE 2.0T getting 13.5 mpg. 90% city driving, I dont drive too crazy but Im also not the most fuel efficient. Im on 87 octane gas. Only had the car for about 3 mouths and the mpg been like this since i got it. I feel like the mpg is too low. Is the switch to premium worth it or is my bad mpg something else?
Hi ceez and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Premium fuel does not give higher mpg's. Even in unofficial tests, any perceived improvement is not nearly enough to justify the price difference. Not even close.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help! I have a 2013 fusion SE. Recently my mileage has turned horrible. I have read about the gauge issues or float issues but I don’t think that is it because I don’t even fill it all the way. If I fill it half full, it will drop like crazy. If I drive 10 km it will lose 20km worth of gas. HOWEVER this is only the case until there is a quarter tank left. Then the car gets regular mileage. I thought maybe it’s a leak that starts a quarter of the tank up, but the car only loses gas while it’s being used. If irs parked overnight it will have the same gas in the morning as it did the night before. I took it to a mechanic and he couldn’t figure out whats wrong with it - has anyone experienced this? It being normal with a quarter tank left but losing it quickly when it’s more full than that is driving me crazy. Thanks!

621 - 632 of 632 Posts