FordFusionClub.com banner

Do you think you get good gas milage?

• Total voters
581 - 600 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
About 230 miles on the odometer as of this morning. Got 20.4 mpg average with 95% of it being with me taking the streets to work. Used BP Regular octane.

I was honestly expecting to get more like 23 but coming from a Mustang that got 12-15 mpg, 20 is nice.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
About 230 miles on the odometer as of this morning. Got 20.4 mpg average with 95% of it being with me taking the streets to work. Used BP Regular octane.

I was honestly expecting to get more like 23 but coming from a Mustang that got 12-15 mpg, 20 is nice.
Hi jnicklo. A new car/engine which is not broken in yet. According to where you live, colder or frigid weather which will lower fuel mileage. Having the climate control set to "AUTO", "AC" or the front defroster all eventually use the AC compressor. All of these things are lowering your average mpg's. When your car is broken in and the weather is warmer, you should easily see 23 or above.

Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My first highway trip saw 27.6 in a hilly interstate area between St. George, UT and Las Vegas, NV. Of course, 100 miles isn't a good enough sample.

My first full tank of city driving gave me 18.4, which was 2 MPG short of what the lie-o-meter was telling me. Hoping to see that improve as I get to know the car better and learn its sweet spots.

18.4 still beats the hell out of the 10 mpg that my pos Lexus LS400 got.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2011 Fusion Sport with the 3.5 V6

Purchased my silver 2011 Fusion Sport last month. It has the 3.5 V6 with the SST transmission. Thought I'd get a bit better gas mileage, perhaps high 20s, low 30s. Is averaging @ 22-23 overall. Still love the car. Black leather interior, moon and tune. Been a FORD man for quite a while. Traded in my 95 F150 for this car.:smile:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Receiving below than expected mileage. I'm averaging about 12-13l/100km in the city..probably around 11.5-12 (20mpg) combined.
I was expecting around 9.5 combined in real world conditions.

My '13 Edge 2.0 EcoBoost (same engine I believe) is better and does around 11l/100km (21-22mpg) combined..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Difference in mpg between regular automatic and SST

I have a 2011 Fusion Sport with the SST--Select Shift Transmission--which is like an automatic and a stick shift had a baby and this is what came out, for those who dont know.
Anyway, I was wondering if anybody else had this transmission and noticed a big difference in mpg between the two.:undecided:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does Mpg improve?

Hello, I was just curious if gas mileage really does improve after you put more miles on your car?

Also, is there a break in period and instructions for break in on a 2014 Fusion? I just got mine a couple days ago and just wanted to check.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am driving 2013 Ford fusion AWD Ti 2.0L Eco Boost
Took it out on first road trip 2 weeks ago. I reset my one trip meter every time I gased up and kept the 2nd trip meter counting.
8.8L / 100km just on highway might have got lower but I was driving through mountains that brought the #'s up
In town with major construction stop going I was getting 17L / 100km
combined overall it said 9.8L / 100km over a 2600KM drive. or 1625Miles

In town I seem to average 11.9 - 13 L / 100Km Average 13+ in the winter when letting the car warm up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Set a new highway MPG record last night. Driving back to Vegas after my 4th of July weekend in Utah, I decided to do 65 the whole way, rather than my usual 80. I ended up with 32.2 mpg. Usually I'm getting 27-28 on pure highway driving. The rain cooled it off, but because of the humidity, I kept the AC on.

However, the monetary savings can't buy sanity, so I'll probably resume my usual routine of 80.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Hello, I was just curious if gas mileage really does improve after you put more miles on your car?

Also, is there a break in period and instructions for break in on a 2014 Fusion? I just got mine a couple days ago and just wanted to check.

Thanks!
Hi SD. Instructions on how to drive your new car for the first ~500-~1,000 miles or so are in your Owners Manual.

Good luck with your new Fusion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mix of Hwy/City driving, my average is about 23.3 according to the meter on the dash. 2011 Fusion Sport with 43k miles, AC is usually on. I do have a heavier foot at times when i wanna have some foot in the twisties but the driving is pretty consistent most of the time. But I have also only had the car for about 2 days so I'll see how much better/worse it gets as time goes on.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Almost 6K on the new '14 AWD Eco-Boost. You can see my 60% city driving, 40% highway driving mpg below. Not great, but it's about what I expected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2.0l EcoBoost

Okay, so I swapped my ride which was a 2010 Fusion with the 3.0l V6 AWD for the 2014 Fusion with the 2.0L AWD. I took it out on the highway, set it on cruise at 100km/hr (60 miles/hr). This car surprised me when I checked the fuel efficiency... and not in a good way. It turns out that this 4 Cylinder gets WORSE or close to the same fuel mileage as the old 3.0L V6....

So what exactly is the point of it? Why not keep the 3.0l V6 since it gets the same economy anyways. What's the advantage of having the 2.0l EcoBoost?

In addition to the poor fuel economy, this car also did not perform as well as the 3.0 V6. So you've got a turbo 4 cylinder car that averages the same fuel econmy as the V6, & slightly less performance. :screwy:

581 - 600 of 619 Posts