FordFusionClub.com banner

Do you think you get good gas milage?

541 - 560 of 632 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
[quote author=JuanaBri link=topic=66304.msg4203190#msg4203190 date=1331938098]
2011 Fusion Sport, when I drove a 6.5 hour trip to Michigan doing a cruised speed of 74, I got 30.4 MPG, of course it went a little down during stops and breaks. It started at 32-34 until I got to 74 MPH. Avg every day driving I get around 21-23 mpg. I love it and of course when I gun it, it drops quick, right now at 7000 miles total I sit at 22.1 mpg. But thats everything Ive done since December. I reset it after Michigan just to see the difference between normal(being highway and city combined) and highway.
[/quote]
Go 65, I hit 32.6 avg and still climbing after 10 mins then I had to get off the freeway lol

· Registered
18 Posts
80% highway and we are getting 21-23mpg. All intown it drops to around 18mpg. all highway, 24-26mpg. Best we've gotten was 28mpg. 06 v6 fusion. Not impressed with the mileage at all, had I known it was going to be this bad i wouldn't have bought it. 30k miles in 13 months with gas over $3 a gallon sucks at that gas mileage.

· Registered
60 Posts
Yah, when there is a new or slightly new model out for a car, you always want to wait a few years, literally, so they cant get complaints, fix it and improve while at the same time making it more powerful and gas efficient.

· Registered
473 Posts
[quote author=JuanaBri link=topic=66304.msg4205577#msg4205577 date=1332302429]
yeah, like I said it was 32-34, but as I went to 74-76mph, it dropped. dont you hate leaving the ramp into the city. lol
[/quote]
Haha yes, yes I do.

· Registered
789 Posts

Then again it's a hemi haha

· Registered
378 Posts
I've had my 08 Fusion SE (which we've named Clutch) for a little over 3 weeks now, and I just filled the tank for the 3rd time this morning, with 14.3 gals. Supposed to have a 17-gal tank, or so, right? The info screen showed about 40 miles of range left, but I just really hate running out. How far down do you guys get before re-filling?

Anyway, I calculated 29mpg even for the tankful I just used finished, up from 28.4 for the one before that. Hot here, so AC use has been frequent, as has high-rev shifting (because it’s fun). Granted, I haven’t been scientific about it- ideally, I would refuel at the same station, at the same pump, at the same time of day in similar weather conditions. But the fact remains that I’m getting stellar fuel mileage in this thing, at least compared to my old Grand Prix. Her 3.4L DOHC six is a great engine for giggles, but thirsty. I used to average about 21mpg in good times. The AC didn’t work, so that wasn’t an issue. A full tank would last me about six days. This last tank in Clutch lasted nine. How sweet it is! (Funny how fuel economy makes me happy these days, instead of quarter-mile times or burnout lengths. Aging sucks, but it beats the alternative.

· Registered
45 Posts
06 2.3 I4 Milan completely stock.

I drive about 60% city and 40% highway, maybe even a little more city.
I am getting an average of 26-28. A little less driving like a fool and it could improve.

· Registered
58 Posts
Just drove from Wisconsin to North Carolina and act was 29.5 mpg. I on a 3.5 V6 that's fantastic. I love this car. Only complaint was the cabin noise from these sucky tires. I want my Michelins back!!!
New Fusion Sport owner in SE Wisconsin here. Are you running a bone stock Sport?

The best I could get on a trip to the north woods was about 28mpg on a bone stock sport with fresh oil and new filters (no rack on my car at that time). 2 weeks ago I got about 24.5 mpg consistently through 3 tanks on my way to the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota with a passenger, a car full of camping gear, and 2 mountain bikes on the Yakima roof rack. Tire pressures were all checked and good. Speeds were maintained via cruise control between 55-70mph. Averages were checked by dividing trip meter miles by the actual gallons to fill the tank. The cars mpg calculations are not quite close to accurate.

How are Sport owners getting 30mpg?

· Registered
493 Posts
New Fusion Sport owner in SE Wisconsin here. Are you running a bone stock Sport?

The best I could get on a trip to the north woods was about 28mpg on a bone stock sport with fresh oil and new filters (no rack on my car at that time). 2 weeks ago I got about 24.5 mpg consistently through 3 tanks on my way to the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota with a passenger, a car full of camping gear, and 2 mountain bikes on the Yakima roof rack. Tire pressures were all checked and good. Speeds were maintained via cruise control between 55-70mph. Averages were checked by dividing trip meter miles by the actual gallons to fill the tank. The cars mpg calculations are not quite close to accurate.

How are Sport owners getting 30mpg?
Im not even getting that in my 2.5L

· Registered
493 Posts
Whaat, are you serious? I'm getting 30mpg+ on my 2.5 consistently.
How big are the tanks in these cars. Cause im at half a tank, maybe a lil bit below and ive only gone almost 180miles.

· Registered
493 Posts
Oh ok. I thought so. When i get down to E with only about 35miles left to go. I fill it and I can only get like 14g in. Lol. By my estimates that leaves me with 3.5g and thats another 70 miles. Lol.

· Registered
493 Posts
This thing just need a lil more pep. I really wanna get the CIA and tuner. I know it wont be fast. I just want it so the car will respond better.

· Registered
58 Posts
This thing just need a lil more pep. I really wanna get the CIA and tuner. I know it wont be fast. I just want it so the car will respond better.
My airbox just showed up today and I will likely order the tuner (87 & 91 tunes) early next week. I would like to find a dyno around me that won't rape me to do two pulls and the airbox swap/flash in between.

· Registered
2 Posts
My 2012 SE w/I4 gets a little over 28mpg in mixed driving. Mostly to work & back. It's got almost 3000m on it now. I DO drive it a little hard most of the time. The milage I get and what the car says I'm getting is pretty well right on.

541 - 560 of 632 Posts