FordFusionClub.com banner

Do you think you get good gas milage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
My first highway trip saw 27.6 in a hilly interstate area between St. George, UT and Las Vegas, NV. Of course, 100 miles isn't a good enough sample.

My first full tank of city driving gave me 18.4, which was 2 MPG short of what the lie-o-meter was telling me. Hoping to see that improve as I get to know the car better and learn its sweet spots.

18.4 still beats the hell out of the 10 mpg that my pos Lexus LS400 got.

· Registered
45 Posts
Set a new highway MPG record last night. Driving back to Vegas after my 4th of July weekend in Utah, I decided to do 65 the whole way, rather than my usual 80. I ended up with 32.2 mpg. Usually I'm getting 27-28 on pure highway driving. The rain cooled it off, but because of the humidity, I kept the AC on.

However, the monetary savings can't buy sanity, so I'll probably resume my usual routine of 80.

· Registered
45 Posts
IMO there is no reason the V6 shouldn't fit in the 13+ Fusion. They still offer a 3.7 V6 in the MKZ.

I'd like to get a little better MPG with my '12. Driving around Vegas I see about 17-18. Part of it is driving habits, but that's too hard to adjust with the drivers around here.

Highway i've been doing poorly, low 20's, but that's 100% me. I can't keep my foot out of it and usually travel between 80-90 on the interstate between Vegas and St. George, UT. Hardly flat terrain. I can get around 30 if I pace myself, but I never leave myself that much time :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts