FordFusionClub.com banner

Do you think you get good gas milage?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
910 Posts
Re: Official Gas Mileage Therad

For now I'll have to say terrible-13.7 is the lowest I've seen and 16 (not exact it may have been close to 17) is the best. Definetly hoping this improves once the car is broke in. SEL V6 AWD

Other than MPG I am very pleased with the car.

· Registered
910 Posts
Re: Official Gas Mileage Therad

Well the EPA is reworking their system to make it more accurate-it hasn't been updated in decades so this is long overdo. Estimates are going to drop from 12-30% it'll be interesting to see what the new fusions get from the EPA.

· Registered
910 Posts
How many miles do you have on it? Probably still being broken in, thats what I'm hoping anyway

· Registered
910 Posts
:shock: Thats not good. V6 FWD? Or AWD? I'd speak with your dealer about this.

· Registered
910 Posts
Well the AWD system probably adds 300+ pounds or so thats pretty significant and then consider passenger weight. EPA estimates are very inaccurate due to the way they achieve the MPG. They do everything perfectly and controlled. The best I've seen is 16mpg and as low as 10 which is discouraging but I have very little mileage (just about 400miles) so I'm waiting a bit longer. 20mpg seems reasonable for the cars top end considering the EPA says it tops at 26 they're usually at least 3mpg off or more. I'm still waiting to hit 20. None of the three cars my family owns get above 20 though (2 V8s and this v6)

· Registered
910 Posts
Maybe thats why my MPG seems so bad (16 is my record since buying the car two months ago) its been cold here, snow and teens, twenties are our normal temps with occasional 30s-40s I need to check my tire pressure to I guess what is recommended for best fuel economy and performance?

· Registered
910 Posts
I'm just now at 1600 miles or so (apparently boz and I drive about the same!) anyway topped out a 22.3 mpg with a rather long freeway trip (1200 miles) just this week. I'm hoping things will get better. I hope to eventually get tuned as well. It'll be visiting the dealer for the first time since purchased in a few weeks for an oil change and check up

· Registered
910 Posts
look at it this way boz, when you do leave the city you've got some power to play with and the safety and handling of awd :)

· Registered
910 Posts
You beat me to it boz! Definetly nice to have better ratings to go by. I plan to start driving mine more here soon and harder to so far top speed reached was 90 (ish) on the freeway. Need to get it broken in :D

· Registered
910 Posts
I have one installed but have kept my original around just in case. I also like the way it looks and feels and the fact that it breathes better. I like that I can just use it forever basically also.

· Registered
910 Posts
Thats how I am I don't commute so other than errands and driving for fun most of mine is road trips which I love. I'll be heading out on another road trip (2nd in the car in six months) in a week. Can't wait. HOpefully I'll get above 22mpg

· Registered
910 Posts
Did it start falling once you were in boise? :lol:

I do great when I'm not in town (not that great more like 22 but hopefully that will improve) I'm hoping both in city and freeway mpg will improve, I'm told by 12,000 it should. Definetly more info scape!

· Registered
910 Posts
I know its crazy my parents both have V8s one with awd and one without. The one with is a navigator and never gets above 10-13 but I'm not much better than that until I hit the freeways. My moms which is rwd (marquis) has about the same horsepower as my car but is a v8 and it gets literally the same MPG 14-22 which is what I get. My only benefit is unlike hers I have AWD with that mileage.

I'm still getting what you get boz but am hoping as we hit 5000+ things will improve. Thankfully I don't drive much so I don't use much gas

· Registered
910 Posts
you could always trade up to a fusion hybrid :) I like hybrids but agree the cost needs to come down some and of course those batteries will need replacing. They don't have to be slow though they could build a fusion hybrid with the same power as the V6 but with improved mpg and pollution reduction, in which case I'd buy :)

not sure if I'd buy a hybrid fusion with the power of the current I4 though

· Registered
910 Posts
yeah the awd does fine on road trips getting 22-24mpg but man in town it does suck the fuel up quick currently getting 17mpg in city. hoping it gets better

· Registered
910 Posts
city driving now running a steeda tune and CAI getting about 19mpg when out of the city usually got about 23 or so

1 - 16 of 16 Posts