FordFusionClub.com banner

Do you think you get good gas milage?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... Here is the official MPG thread. The place to complain or praise your mileage.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Official Gas Milage Therad

I am very happy with the gas millage of my Fusion. I have an 06 Fwd V6 and have been getting 20-22 city and have seen 28 on the highway when car had 800 miles on it. Now I am up to 4,000 and seems to be improving.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Re: Official Gas Mileage Therad

Hi everyone! :wavey: I have a 2007 MKZ (FWD). My wife and I came home last night, and as the car sits in the driveway today, there are 1111.1 miles on it. We are averaging 21 MPG, with a driving mix skewed towards short trips/stop and go traffic.
I'm a happy man! :banana:

·
Registered
817 Posts

[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=66304.msg1137124#msg1137124 date=1168181470]
Ok... Here is the official MPG thread. The place to complain or praise your mileage. We see posts about this in sections where other things are being discussed, so here is your section. Any posts in threads where they don't belong will be DELETED OR MERGED TO THIS THREAD effective 01/07/2007.
[/quote]
Chris,
Well ain't this special! Are you going to transfer all of my rants about my 13 mpg in-city or do I have to start all over again? LOL. Just kidding.

A word(s) of caution. This is what the bible (Fusion Owner's Manual) has to say about mileage calculations on Page 250:

"We do not recommend taking fuel economy measurements during the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km) of driving (engine break-in period). You will get a more accurate measurement after 2,000-3,000 miles (3,000 km-5,000 km)."

Actually I think it is a FoMoCo conspiracy. They figure people will just forget about the mileage deal by the time they get to 3,000 miles. LOL.

But seriously folks, I hope every Fusion AWD owner is getting the EPA-estimated 19 mpg for in-city driving because if their cars can do it, then mine should too. It's more ammo for me when I take mine back to the dealer (his suggestion) at 1,500 miles to have it "put on the computer."

For those who don't give a toot about mileage I would just like to point out that the difference between 13 mpg in-city and the EPA estimate of 19 mpg in-city is an extra $539.24 a year, based on 10,000 miles of travel with gas at $2.22 per gallon.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

In my SEL V6 [2006 model] I get a constant 21-22 in the city when taking it easy. 18-19 when I'm driving it hard for the week, and on the expressway at 70-80 I'll get around 28-29.

R

·
0 Posts

I get 21 mpg with my 4 cylinder when I drive it hard through the city because I am a volunteer firefighter, (got to get to the station fast).

But when driving easy I can get 23 mpg city. And near 36 mpg on the highway. So when I'm on the highway I'm happy.

·
Registered
817 Posts

[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=66304.msg1137520#msg1137520 date=1168201169]
In my SEL V6 [2006 model] I get a constant 21-22 in the city when taking it easy. 18-19 when I'm driving it hard for the week, and on the expressway at 70-80 I'll get around 28-29.
[/quote]
Swoop,
That's fantastic.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

[quote author=urnews link=topic=66304.msg1137511#msg1137511 date=1168200948]
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=66304.msg1137124#msg1137124 date=1168181470]
Ok... Here is the official MPG thread. The place to complain or praise your mileage. We see posts about this in sections where other things are being discussed, so here is your section. Any posts in threads where they don't belong will be DELETED OR MERGED TO THIS THREAD effective 01/07/2007.
[/quote]
Chris,
Well ain't this special! Are you going to transfer all of my rants about my 13 mpg in-city or do I have to start all over again? LOL. Just kidding.

A word(s) of caution. This is what the bible (Fusion Owner's Manual) has to say about mileage calculations on Page 250:

"We do not recommend taking fuel economy measurements during the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km) of driving (engine break-in period). You will get a more accurate measurement after 2,000-3,000 miles (3,000 km-5,000 km)."

Actually I think it is a FoMoCo conspiracy. They figure people will just forget about the mileage deal by the time they get to 3,000 miles. LOL.

But seriously folks, I hope every Fusion AWD owner is getting the EPA-estimated 19 mpg for in-city driving because if their cars can do it, then mine should too. It's more ammo for me when I take mine back to the dealer (his suggestion) at 1,500 miles to have it "put on the computer."

For those who don't give a toot about mileage I would just like to point out that the difference between 13 mpg in-city and the EPA estimate of 19 mpg in-city is an extra $539.24 a year, based on 10,000 miles of travel with gas at $2.22 per gallon.

[/quote]

Just figured we would have 1 section we could rave/vent in. This way the new people won't have to read a mess of threads to find MPG info.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Good thinking on your part Chris ... as always. :) The poll should prove to be very interesting to watch as well. You get a gold star and get to go to the head of the class. :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts

Just turned 11,000 miles on my Milan Premier I4 Auto.Which was bought in late August of this year.
Granted I drive 90% Highway with round trips @ or over 300 miles.
I write down all my mileage in my little book. I saw this tread so I brought the book inside to lay some math down. Well the best Mileage I have recorded is 36.2 the worst was 29.1
My overall Mileage for the 11,000 miles has been 33.4 MPG My best guess would be this was at an average between 60 mph and 65mph.
Thats hard numbers not going by the gauge on the car.
I am very happy with the car and the fuel mileage.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Good post Springer. That is really great mileage. Of course, you have the I4 2.3-liter engine and I am trying to find comparisons of people with the V6, automatic tranny and AWD. I, too, keep a little book. First fill-up was 15, next two were 13 and my most recent was Friday, Jan. 5, when I got 17 but that included a 90-mile trip (38.9 percent highway travel at 60 mph) out of 244.5 miles.

I am really disappointed at this horrific mileage. We didn't expect to get 30 mpg, but did -- and do -- expect to get something closer to the EPA-estimated 19 mpg in-city, 26 mpg highway.

I am really curious as to what other people are getting, especially AWD owners. Your figures are outstanding though. Congratulations. Keep up the good work. Those are happy miles indeed.

Boz

·
Registered
910 Posts

For now I'll have to say terrible-13.7 is the lowest I've seen and 16 (not exact it may have been close to 17) is the best. Definetly hoping this improves once the car is broke in. SEL V6 AWD

Other than MPG I am very pleased with the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I expected better mileage from the 2.3, that's why I bought it. I use the fill-up method to calculate the mileage since new, I have 5K+ miles on the car. I commute 100 miles round trip each day, 70hwy/30cty.

Worst average mileage: 23
Best average mileage: 27

The mileage drops down to the 23-24 range during really cold weather. Also, I think there is a different blend of fuel during the winter which contributes poor mileage. Then again, I might get better mileage if I could keep my foot off the accelerator?

·
Registered
39 Posts

I have the V6 SEL Fwd and I have approx 1800mi on the car. All city driving so far. I have checked it everytime I fill up. Average so far is a little over 21mpg. At a later date I will report on the highway mpg.

·
Registered
325 Posts

2.3 I4 w/5spd // average is 27-28 mpg (70 % highway & 30% city) // worst was low 20's (all city driving) // best was 29-30 mpg (straight highway - four adults - luggage - AC)

Actual fuel consumption is based on so many things even after you take the driver out of the equation. Time of year, geographic layout, seasons, and daily weather are things that play a huge factor in fuel consumption that people never consider.

I know that I probably loss 1-2 mpg just from driving in an area that has a lot of hills everyday.

It is also foolish to expect to get the EPA estimated fuel economy from a car. The only way you could replicate those results in the real world would be if you could find the same conditions that the test was completed under. The standards have been under review for some time now since they are not real-world standards that are being used to with.

·
Registered
476 Posts

2006 SEL V6 FWD.

60-75% highway @ 70-75 MPH

in the city its some long traffic lights and back roads.

I average about 20-22 MPG :(

·
Registered
910 Posts

Well the EPA is reworking their system to make it more accurate-it hasn't been updated in decades so this is long overdo. Estimates are going to drop from 12-30% it'll be interesting to see what the new fusions get from the EPA.

·
Registered
817 Posts

[quote author=otaku link=topic=66304.msg1138840#msg1138840 date=1168279495]
Well the EPA is reworking their system to make it more accurate-it hasn't been updated in decades so this is long overdo. Estimates are going to drop from 12-30% it'll be interesting to see what the new fusions get from the EPA.
[/quote]
Otaku,
When is that suppose to happen? Weeks? Months? Sometime this year?
Boz

·
Registered
476 Posts

[quote author=urnews link=topic=66304.msg1138852#msg1138852 date=1168279847]
[quote author=otaku link=topic=66304.msg1138840#msg1138840 date=1168279495]
[/quote]
Otaku,
When is that suppose to happen? Weeks? Months? Sometime this year?
Boz
[/quote]

I believe it is for all 2008 models.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I'm averaging 27 mpg in my Milan, and I mostly do city driving, though to and from work there is some highway time involved.

1 - 20 of 619 Posts