FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I own a 2007 Mercury Milan Permier, i4. 5speed manual. it has a lot of options but the AWD v6, and navigation! I was wondering if I bought a factory navigation system from a 2007 Mercury Milan, if it would work. I don’t really car about actually having the navigation, j just want it thejr for the looks of a bigger screen. This vehicle is also not equipped with sync.

·
Administrator
6,125 Posts
Hey guys, I own a 2007 Mercury Milan Permier, i4. 5speed manual. it has a lot of options but the AWD v6, and navigation! I was wondering if I bought a factory navigation system from a 2007 Mercury Milan, if it would work. I don’t really car about actually having the navigation, j just want it thejr for the looks of a bigger screen. This vehicle is also not equipped with sync.
Hi Ethanroth and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. The OEM/ factory units from 2007 are obsolete. They no longer even offer map updates for those NAV units anymore. My recommendation would be to purchase and install an aftermarket unit and actually have a functioning NAV unit, instead of a dead big screen in your dashboard.

Take a look at Crutchfield for good idea as to what will work, what will fit and pricing. They also provide everything you need to install a new unit, lifetime tech support, etc.: Crutchfield: Car Stereo and Audio, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, TVs

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I don’t want it for the navigation. I want it for the look, I like the look of original oem. I don’t use the navigation in any of my vehicles. I don’t like the look of aftermarket radios, at all. Do you know if the old oem navigations would still work?

·
Administrator
6,125 Posts
Well I don’t want it for the navigation. I want it for the look, I like the look of original oem. I don’t use the navigation in any of my vehicles. I don’t like the look of aftermarket radios, at all. Do you know if the old oem navigations would still work?
Hi Ethan. Your questions are a bit confusing. You stated you don't want it for the Navigation, only "the look", so what is it that you want to "work"?

Reality dictates that it would be some piece of luck if you could find a ~26 year old working OEM/factory MKZ Navigation system head unit. And even if you were lucky enough to hit that lottery, you need more than the head unit. You would need to install the correct antenna, programming etc. if you want it to "work".

However, since you only want it for "the look", just find whatever 2006-2009 MKZ Nav unit you can find, operational or not, and install it for "the look".

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Administrator
6,125 Posts
I basically want it to have the screen, and I wasn’t my radio to still work. That’s all
Hi Ethan. If your 2007 Milan has a separate audio head unit with hard controls (knobs/buttons), and is not controlled by the Navigation screen, then the audio system should still work.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts