FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have information on how I would be able to tap into my factory back up camera? I recently installed a new head unit, Double-Din. Nice sized screen, so I thought it would be nice if my factory camera could show up on this screen, alongside popping up in my rearview mirror. Or if I must choose one or the other, I'd go with the larger screen in my new head unit. I'm trying to find out where the video cable is for the camera and see if anyone has done this before/has some pointers.

Thanks

tl;dr: I want to tap into the factory backup cam, and put the image on my aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The rearview camera has a 6-pin connector and connects straight to your rearview mirror.

I don't know which end would be easier to tap into, but the camera-end connector's pinout is

C4234 - 8-pin, black
Pin 1 - 20 AWG - Red - Fuse 35
Pin 2 - 18 AWG - Shield
Pin 3 - Not Used
Pin 4 - 22 AWG - White - Video + [White w/ Green Stripe]
Pin 5 - 22 AWG - Black - Video - [Brown w/ Violet Stripe]
Pin 6 - 20 AWG - Black - Ground [Green]
Pin 7 - Not Used
Pin 8 - Not Used

I'm not sure why the wire colors don't match between the design layout and component connector layout.

The only question now is... is it an analog or digital signal? You'll have to find that out on your own. I cannot help with your camera cable location. I have a Milan which has the camera integrated into the spoiler. You'll probably have to start by pulling off the rear bumper.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just wondering if a few years later there's a solution to this? I just recently purchased a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL AWD and was kind of wondering the same as I have the OEM backup camera in the rearview camera. Guess it's wishful thinking that the wiring harness they use in the nav and non-nav Fusion are the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts