FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 3800 miles on my 2007 Milan I4 with automatic. At 65 - 70 mph with or without the cruise control or A/C I get what feels like a single misfire. It also reminds me of a torque converter locking and unlocking. It happens 15 - 20 times in an 80 minute commute and is increasing in frequency. It does not occur under acceleration or load. A few times I have noticed that at 65 mph and approx. 2250 rpm the tachometer will creep up to 2400 rpm, you feel the miss and then it drops back to 2250. It is hard to watch the tachometer and the road and the same time so I don't know if this happens every time. Has any Fusion or Milan owner experienced this feeling or problem? Opinions welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi 500,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I have yet to hear anything like this before. I suggest going back to your dealer and taking the tech for a test drive so you can demonstrate the problem. It would really suck to get stuck on the side of the road in your brand new car.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=83810.msg1577869#msg1577869 date=1185208978]
Hi 500,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I have yet to hear anything like this before. I suggest going back to your dealer and taking the tech for a test drive so you can demonstrate the problem. It would really suck to get stuck on the side of the road in your brand new car.

Let us know what happens.
[/quote]

X2 take it back asap!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were you going down hills? I know my Fusion will attempt to hold speed so I don't get speeding tickets by shifting to a lower gear down hills. (V6 6 speed)

My 95 Chrysler Intrepid also had this feature (my 04 Chev Malibu did not) Personally I like the car to hold an accurate speed down hills as I tend to be at the high end of the police tolerance speed. You will feel a little jerk when the shift occurs.

Hope this helps!

FF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts