FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a HID kit in my SEL. Now it says in the message center Check right/left headlamp. No one else seems to have this problem but me. Here is my question, can anyone tell me what the computer needs to see to know there is a headlamp there. Is it wattage, resistance, ohm load and if it is one of these, how much?? Thanks!

BTW, the hid kit works great. I got it as a gift so I am not sure of where it was bought, but I jsut want to get this fixed. It drives me nuts.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Did you eliminate any of the existing wires?

If so, there might some lead that senses power and triggers the alarm. If so, you could possibly jump the wires to trick the alarm.

Other the that I have no idea since I have not done anything with my lights.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, just unplugged the bulbs and plugged in the hid kit. I think that the hid runs at a different wattage, thus tripping the alarm. So, I need to figure out what it runs at, and make a resistor pack or something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well my 2007 Fusion SEL has the same problem. Did you end up putting a resistor pack in? Or what did you end up doing to correct the problem. These HIDs have been a problem since day one. If you could give me some information that would be great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts