FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All :wavey:
Well, here's the deal. Three weeks ago I carried TSB's to my local dealer for the "seat bolster wear" and "noise from undercarriage" and also wanted them to change the bubbling door handle. No problem, they said they would get all the parts in and call me to set up a time to take care of it. The car went in Wednesday morning...they said I will have it back Friday afternoon. I go to check on it this evening and they tell me it may be next Monday or Tuesday before its ready. Naturally I want to know what the problem is. THEY DON'T HAVE THE DAMN PARTS!!! They ordered new foam for the seats but not the new covers. They said they didn't realize that they would need them!! Now they are on back order and they don't know when they'll be in. What the hell.......the service writer saw the seats and wrote up the ticket. The undercarriage problem, they confirmed but failed to order the fix for that too! Maybe the parts would be in late today or early Monday morning. They said this evening that they would get the sqeaking noise fixed and I would have to bring it in again to have the seats fixed. They were supposed to service the car and fix the door handle too. My car is sitting in the same damn spot I left it, no oil change, no new door handle, no seat, no nothin! In the mean time, I'm toolin' in a f$$%in lime green Focus. Damn I'm pissed. Some of these dealerships are gonna cost Ford a hell of a lot of business if they don't get their shit together!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: Now I'm PISSED OFF!!!

toolin' in a f$$%in lime green Focus
LOL (sorry that just sounded really funny)

All I've been hearing about is how much Ford dealerships suck! I really hope I never have to get my car serviced. :hide:

·
Registered
840 Posts

hehe, my dealer is a family friend, so when i ask for something, it gets done.

but yeah, i had the same bubbling door handle problem, it got fixed asap, they even replaced all 4 (which i know for a fact they actually did do) to make sure they're ok.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

[quote author=11011101 link=topic=94237.msg1844076#msg1844076 date=1194646377]

All I've been hearing about is how much Ford dealerships suck! I really hope I never have to get my car serviced. :hide:

[/quote]

It's not just the Ford dealers. I know guys that have been screwed by GM & Toyota dealerships also.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts

My local Lincoln Dealership pisses me off also.Ive posted it on here several times. The one in the next city(which is a more wealthy city) does a much better job(although still nothing like the quality you get at a lexus or Acura dealership). I think I am going to start just going there all the time.

Ford really needs to work on their dealerships.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts

[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=94237.msg1844560#msg1844560 date=1194663100]
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=94237.msg1844076#msg1844076 date=1194646377]

[/quote]

It's not just the Ford dealers. I know guys that have been screwed by GM & Toyota dealerships also.

[/quote]

It does not matter what dealer type it is ford, chevy, honda or what ever there are just stupid @ss people out there. I am an insurance agent for the largest agency in the country and 2 of our biggest accounts are ford and honda. i talk to employees all day long and there are good ones and bad ones all over the place does not matter were you go.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts

I agree that there are bad seeds everywhere but there are definitely different policies that Ford has that make them worse than other dealers. Im speaking mostly off of Lincoln Mercury dealers vs other entry level luxury brands.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I realize that there is problems with all different kinds of dealerships (GM, Honda, Yota whatever--just the same as there are problem cars that they all make). My point is incompetence. Two weeks to get the parts---I gave 'em a heads up--a head start to avoid this problem and I'll be damned if they still didn't botch it up. Now I'm a reasonable person, I know stuff goes on--slips through the cracks but when you have the TSB, the parts list and two weeks to prepare for the job there is no excuse. They couldn't give me an excuse except to say that somebody messed up! Well no shit. To beat all, they called me-- and said they were ready for the car. I didn't make the appointment--they did. IDK--I still don't get it---I wonder how some people keep a job. I haven't been a bastard yet....but it better be right when it comes back. It went in without a scratch or spec of dirt on it and thats the way it better come home. I guess I'll be lucky if they don't tear it all to hell. I've got a good mind to go and pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

My freiend worked for a Cadillac dealer and was always telling me stories about cars getting screwed up by the techs.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Now I'm PISSED OFF!!! (Updated)

So I went to see about my car today. It has been at the dealer for 6 days now. THEY HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO IT YET!!!! So now I'm pissed and I take my keys and tell them (in a kind way) when they get their shit together to call me and I'll bring it in. In 6 days they've managed to get my oil changed. OK, alls well, it gonna happen just going to take a few more days. I go home and check my oil and under the hood as always. THE SOB IS A QUART LOW ON OIL!!! WTF!! I call back and tell them and the bastards hang up on me---don't offer to correct it or nothing. How do I report these clowns to Ford?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts

[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=94237.msg1851081#msg1851081 date=1194976019]
So I went to see about my car today. It has been at the dealer for 6 days now. THEY HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO IT YET!!!! So now I'm pissed and I take my keys and tell them (in a kind way) when they get their shit together to call me and I'll bring it in. In 6 days they've managed to get my oil changed. OK, alls well, it gonna happen just going to take a few more days. I go home and check my oil and under the hood as always. THE SOB IS A QUART LOW ON OIL!!! WTF!! I call back and tell them and the bastards hang up on me---don't offer to correct it or nothing. How do I report these clowns to Ford?
[/quote]

call ford customer service (warranty line) and file a complaint. Do not speak to the first person that answers the phone ask nicely to speak the the supervisor on duty. that is the best way to handle it.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=94237.msg1851384#msg1851384 date=1194985601]
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=94237.msg1851081#msg1851081 date=1194976019]
[/quote]

call ford customer service (warranty line) and file a complaint. Do not speak to the first person that answers the phone ask nicely to speak the the supervisor on duty. that is the best way to handle it.
[/quote]

I would also call and speak with the owner/Main person at the dealership. Tell them how bad you were treated, and that you will be spreading the word about the service ate the dealership.

I don't know how you did it..... If they would have hung up on me, I would have lost it :madcrazy: :madcrazy:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: Now I'm PISSED OFF!!! Updated

Sorry to hear about the dealership problems, it's no wonder their loaner cars get destroyed. Tell the service manager that you brough a Fusion in, and you should at least drive another Fusion would be better if you could take his car, your car will be fixed in no time flat.
I think people don't think about what they are doing much anymore, they just do it. So if some paper goes on somebody's desk for seat foam, that's what they order, not even thinking about or even asking someone if the seat cover needs to be ordered too. My next point may be completely stereotypical but whenever something needs to be done under warranty, it seems that the cheapest route is the preferred method. So the dealership doesn't want to have their money tied up in inventory that they don't normally stock and are only bringing in for your car which is being fixed under warranty. I'm sure the dealership would rather have their mechanic working on a car which generates revenue instead of your warranty fix.

I would also find a new dealership no matter how far you have to go. Something simple like putting the correct amount of oil should be pretty straight forward. This kind of stuff is adding premature wear to your vehicle.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well I called Ford CS. Big whuppity shit! Sorry for your inconvienience---you have a right to go to another dealer for service and all this crap. They said this dealer was independant and all sorts of shit and said they may have difficulty getting the parts I need. So we get to the oil change issue--right--this SOB asks me how many quarts of oil I expected with an oil change!!! WTF. Well, needless to say I reamed his ass out but my cars still not fixed. I stayed away from Ford for 18 years the last time---I'm starting to remember now why I did. They sell em' but can't fix 'em and to hell with ya once the check clears! There's one of 'em sittin in my garage that are probably gonna get a "for sale" sign put on! Satisfaction job 1 my ass. This is same POS Ford mentality that they had in 1988 when I swore and be damned then that I'd never own another one. If they go belly up its their own damn fault!
Sorry guys....rant over

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
This is too bad. I have had nothing but great experiences with my local dealer. I am in and out same day and they keep appointments. When they replaced the door handles, the handles were ordered and they had my car ready early for me. In fact, when someone backed into my car back in April, I took it to their paint and body and they fixed everything to my picky standards. They always call me right when the parts come in and the service manager has been great.

Honestly, I think you should find another dealer. There are some good ones out there. I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I used to be a mechanic at a Kenworth dealership, and the book time that was given for warranty work was totally unrealistic, I'm not defending the dealer that obviously treated you like crap, but the dealership isn't making any money off of you for warranty work, so they don't give a shit. I drive 2 1/2 hours to go to the Ford dealer I bought my car from, there's another one, literally 2 blocks from my house, but in my experiences with them and word of mouth, they do shitty work (there head mechanic doesn't even have a driver's license and can barely speak english), I'll gladly make the drive. Good luck and hope they come up with something to make this up to you.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wow, I guess I'm lucky, My service department is stellar. The sales department is another story. Whittmeier, Chico, Ca

·
Registered
313 Posts

[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=94237.msg1853803#msg1853803 date=1195061125]
I'm sure the dealership would rather have their mechanic working on a car which generates revenue instead of your warranty fix.
[/quote]

It shouldn't matter. Ford pays the dealer for any warranty work.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts

[quote author=yeloxr7 link=topic=94237.msg1857581#msg1857581 date=1195162564]
I'm sure the dealership would rather have their mechanic working on a car which generates revenue instead of your warranty fix.
[/quote]

[/quote]

but i am sure that it is a lower amount that what they make off the reg customer. Ford would not pay the dealer 6$65 to $100 an hour like they would charge any of us for work.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=94237.msg1857596#msg1857596 date=1195162897]
[quote author=yeloxr7 link=topic=94237.msg1857581#msg1857581 date=1195162564]
[/quote]

[/quote]

but i am sure that it is a lower amount that what they make off the reg customer. Ford would not pay the dealer 6$65 to $100 an hour like they would charge any of us for work.
[/quote]
As far as the customer is concerned it should not matter. I paid for a Ford product with Ford warranty on said Ford product. When I wrote 'em a check for $23,978 on January 6, 2006--they entered into a contract deal. I've done my part--the check cleared the bank. Now its their turn--I don't give a damn who pays what or how much! Like I said, its the same shit I went thru with an 88 Taurus that had a bicycle chain in the transmission.
They're happy to see you in the salesroom and after that you're on your own. I want to know what the difference is between a "corporate dealer" and a "independant dealer" when they both are supposed to sell and service Ford products. Why can't "independants" get the parts like the others? I'm just going by what Ford CS told me over the phone. If "independants" are not held accountable to Ford for their work and service--this means that they can do what they want--when they want and the customer is just [email protected]#$ed. The whole deal especially the oil change is just ridiculous! I guarantee you this dealership charged FoMoCo for my car being there 6 days as well as the loaner car. I told them today that when I do go to get the TSB work fixed somewhere else, that it better not be in the computer as having been completed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts