FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning an sel fusion with leather seats for a year , it dawned on me that there really isn't much real leather in the leather seat option. The interior still looks good despite the fact, but Ford could have gone a bit further with a bit more leather IMO. Seems like the only leather is in the contact surfaces of the seat, two strips on the bottom section and two strips on the vertical section of each seat. The dimpled centers are not leather (which I realized immediately), and either are the bottom sides,upper sides and rear sides. The head rest doesn't seem to be leather either. On the rear bench seats very little real leather to be found there as well. For the price of the leather seat option you'd expect a bit more of the real stuff. The difference between real leather and faux leather sections becomes more apparent as the car ages.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I thought on the window sticker its labeled as leather seating surfaces? I hope by keeping mine conditioned, I will save it for the long run.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I do not think many car makers sell 100% leather seats except on very high end cars. A Lexus like the GS does not even have full leather seats. The words are always "leather trimmed".

·
Registered
910 Posts
most "leather" in cars are shit. The exceptions are: mercedes benz, alfa romeo, ferrari, maserati and lamborghini oh and bentley and rolls royce. My god they have wonderful leather now if only the prices...

·
Registered
399 Posts
My girlfriends dad has a 02 Jag and those also have amazing leather seats! So cant forget about Jag.. :eek:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Jag definitely has nice leather. Bet fake leather I've seen are in BMW's. Leatherette I think they call it, really soft and textured so you think it's leather. Plus the price of the car makes you assume that it's real leather. (I'm specifically referring to a previous generation 330CI coupe). I'm with you Chris, keep it conditioned!

Happy driving!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts