FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 3 Sync cars and in all 3 of them I have noticed that when my with is talking on them to me it sounds noisy and distant. My brother in law (who is a big time hater) always bitches that I must be talking to him from the Sink because it sounds bad. Three cars. 08 Fusion, 10 Fusion, 10 Mariner. All the same noisy distant result.

On all 3 cars the microphone was on top of the mirror and thats all the closer I looked at it until now. In the 10 Fusion I looked at the microphone closely and sure enough its mounted in there angled away from the driver!

Its on top of the mirror- so your voice is not close and its impeded by the structure of the mirror and its pointed away from you. No wonder it sounds like crap.

Stupid/Simple/Quick fix? Unplug the mirror and flip it upside down.

Mic is at mouth level and pointed at you and sounds a lot better on the other end.

This is on the 10 Fusion Hybrid. I don't have the other cars to see if the mic is angled away from the driver too, I suspect it is. Someone needs to look and see- you don't need to take anything apart- maybe just a flashlight to see inside.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Interesting...! Does it look "ghetto"? I can't picture it without going out to the garage ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I don't notice now. I've talked to dozens of people on it since then and everyone agrees, they don't know I was in the car. Its plain as day if you look through through the plastic grille against a light (backlit), the microphone is round and silver and you can see how its mounted.

·
Registered
682 Posts
When I took delivery of my car, the salesman taught me to "talk to the windshield". If that is the intent, the speaker needs to be oriented to the windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had 3 Sync cars and in all 3 of them I have noticed that when my with is talking on them to me it sounds noisy and distant. My brother in law (who is a big time hater) always bitches that I must be talking to him from the Sink because it sounds bad. Three cars. 08 Fusion, 10 Fusion, 10 Mariner. All the same noisy distant result.

On all 3 cars the microphone was on top of the mirror and thats all the closer I looked at it until now. In the 10 Fusion I looked at the microphone closely and sure enough its mounted in there angled away from the driver!

Its on top of the mirror- so your voice is not close and its impeded by the structure of the mirror and its pointed away from you. No wonder it sounds like crap.

Stupid/Simple/Quick fix? Unplug the mirror and flip it upside down.

Mic is at mouth level and pointed at you and sounds a lot better on the other end.

This is on the 10 Fusion Hybrid. I don't have the other cars to see if the mic is angled away from the driver too, I suspect it is. Someone needs to look and see- you don't need to take anything apart- maybe just a flashlight to see inside.
My daughter bought a 2010 milan.She can make calls but you can't hear her.Is the mic bad or unplugged?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts