FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a rattle with there A/C on? It sounds like it's coming from the clutch not the compressor. My car only has 4500 miles on it and if I'm parked somewhere it sounds like shit.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I am having a issue when my fan is on. I can hear what seems like a ticking or something comming from the passanger kick pannel or something in that area. Its very annoying. Adding it to the next service list on next oil change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine Too!!! Makes a ticking noise and when car is really hot it seems constant!!! not sure whats going on but my car only has 8000 miles and it only does it when the air or heat is on and only when the car is in drive or park! when its in neutral!!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the same. Sounds coming from passenger foot area. Does it with heat and A/C

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Hi all. :wavey: For those who hear the "ticking" coming from the passenger side, by the kick panel/under the dash, the fan motor is the most likely culprit.

If you only hear it when the HVAC is on, and the "ticking" seems to speed up (or disappear) if you increase the fan speed, your fan motor/fan motor bearings are not operating correctly. As long as you are within your 3 year/36,000 mile warranty period, you are covered.

If the noise you hear is coming from some place else, or the transmission gear selector position affects it, you most likely have another problem.

Good luck! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts