FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

A while back, I got the Ford PCM tune/TSB done and provided movies.

I have received my X2 back from Jusnes Modified and I am loading it with the new tune files for the new Ford tune. When I got the Ford tune, my "code" changed from KUZ0 to JEY0, so I had to get Bob and his crew at Jusnes Modified to create me new tunes.

I will report back on how they interact with the new Ford tune, as well as cross-compare to the older Ford tune with the original Jusnes tunes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Swoop:

I am very interested in the results/comparisons.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as far as preliminary results -- I am impressed and then I am not impressed. Let me explain.

From 0-60, I think that the new tune is superior. The shifts are almost non-existant and lightning quick. The power stays during the shift and for what it can, it sets you back into the seat when the next gear is engaged. The engine screams. Almost to the point of me wanting to know how lean the A/F mixture is.

From 60 and beyond, it seems as if the new tune struggles to create power past the 5,000 rpm mark. I've only gone for it above 60mph twice, and the tune is still new to the engine and all that -- so I am sure that it is bound to improve. Who knows, possibly I was driving up hill when I tried this -- but I recall not doing so.

I will drive her around alot today, as I have to go apartment hunting with a beautiful woman, whom is unfortunately shopping for her and her boyfriend, sigh, but at least I'll be able to give you all some results of the tune during normal, at best, driving.

·
Registered
297 Posts
or is it the new stock tune? :shock:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=hwm3 link=topic=67658.msg1164646#msg1164646 date=1169578301]
Which tune are you running? 93 Torque?
[/quote]
I guess that would be beneficial to know, huh? Sorry for leaving that detail out. I am running only the 87 Performance, as that is what I currently have in the tank.
[quote author=watufaka link=topic=67658.msg1164724#msg1164724 date=1169581403]
[/quote]No, it's Jusnes Modified's tune FOR the new Ford tune. As I stated above, when I got reprogrammed from Ford, my calibration changed. So I had to get new tunes from Bob.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=67658.msg1164637#msg1164637 date=1169578065]
as I have to go apartment hunting with a beautiful woman
[/quote]

Hell with the tune, lets see some pics of this beautiful woman!!! :hugglez:

·
Registered
391 Posts
ask the beautiful woman to introduce her beautiful friends.

if she doesnt want to, don't take her apartment hunting

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lets keep it on track, horn balls.

·
Registered
297 Posts
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=67658.msg1164838#msg1164838 date=1169583632]
[quote author=hwm3 link=topic=67658.msg1164646#msg1164646 date=1169578301]
Which tune are you running? 93 Torque?
[/quote]
I guess that would be beneficial to know, huh? Sorry for leaving that detail out. I am running only the 87 Performance, as that is what I currently have in the tank.
[quote author=watufaka link=topic=67658.msg1164724#msg1164724 date=1169581403]
[/quote]No, it's Jusnes Modified's tune FOR the new Ford tune. As I stated above, when I got reprogrammed from Ford, my calibration changed. So I had to get new tunes from Bob.
[/quote]

My bad....

I just saw on your video thread where Bob Jusnes noted "that is was the Stock Ford tune"

Never the less......... still impressive.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still haven't loaded the 93 Torque tune into the car yet. I still have a pinch over half a tank of 87 left to burn through. I will let you know as soon as I get some 93 in there.

I nailed it at 30mph today and it broke loose when first gear engaged, and it's never done that before. That surprised me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=67658.msg1164499#msg1164499 date=1169572912]
So...

A while back, I got the Ford PCM tune/TSB done and provided movies.

I have received my X2 back from Jusnes Modified and I am loading it with the new tune files for the new Ford tune. When I got the Ford tune, my "code" changed from KUZ0 to JEY0, so I had to get Bob and his crew at Jusnes Modified to create me new tunes.

I will report back on how they interact with the new Ford tune, as well as cross-compare to the older Ford tune with the original Jusnes tunes.
[/quote]

I have Ford's reflash in mine aswell. I just installed my X2 last night. My PCM calibration code didn't change with the Ford tune and I didn't mention the reflash to Steeda. Mine is fine, although I'm plugging the laptop into my X2 and am going to datalog while I tune it tomorrow evening after work. Forgot to mention I bought the power-pack and the magnaflow exhaust, everything is on and is sweet. Did my first oil change @ work today since we were slow. 3900 miles and I already have the tint, wheels, eibachs, X2, magnaflow catback and steeda intake. Gotta love flag hours! :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Kaboom, it looks like you have pretty much everything there is for the fusion right now. You should put the 93 torque tune in if you can and make some videos for us!
Swoop, I wish you had a video of that shift!

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=67658.msg1239634#msg1239634 date=1172702024]
Kaboom, it looks like you have pretty much everything there is for the fusion right now. You should put the 93 torque tune in if you can and make some videos for us!
Swoop, I wish you had a video of that shift!
[/quote]

I'm running 93 torque right now with the fuel system richen'd up by 2% for my own safety. I'm doing some wideband datalog tuning tomorrow on 91 octane, seeing as there is only 1 if any gas stations in town that serve 93 octane. I think I'm just going to buy a barrel of C16 and mix it with 91 octane for roughly 100 octane and tune it with that o-level. I can provide pictures and what-not but as far as video goes, i don't have anything worthy of capture. I'll have to ask my girl if she can let me borrow her video cam. Either way With the stock tune I went 16.1 @89. Sunday they are opening up the track for the season so I'll let everyone know how it goes. Think I should leave 20's on the back and bolt the 17's back up on the front?lol.....Maybe I could get some steel wheels off of an S model for the front and be a true ricer!! :lol:Either way, tune tomorrow with laptop and results will come Sunday evening for steeda, x-cal2, and magnaflow with sel17's on 4 corners. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
264 Posts
didn't get a chance to make passes with a laptop tune yet. But I did play around with the handheld x-cal 2 as much as I could. Originally went 16.1 @ 88mph. As of today my best time in the fusion is a 15.412 @ 90.8 mph w/ a .0016 reaction time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
do you know what your 60 ft time was? some of these seem awful slow even for a v6. good run by the way!

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=pssdmilan link=topic=67658.msg1249095#msg1249095 date=1173092007]
do you know what your 60 ft time was? some of these seem awful slow even for a v6. good run by the way!
[/quote]

It seemed like i was pulling 2.30's the first 60 ft. I made the mistake of throwing all the other 9 timeslips away that were all 15.50's and 15.60's and keeping the 15.4 one, to which I think is still in my tool box @ work. Pretty sure it was a 2.30 something, I'll post tomorrow when I get a chance to see it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks for the reply, have any idea why the times compared to autoweeks are slower? they ran 15.4 stock?

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=pssdmilan link=topic=67658.msg1253607#msg1253607 date=1173267080]
thanks for the reply, have any idea why the times compared to autoweeks are slower? they ran 15.4 stock?
[/quote]

Couples things, in my opinion. Firstly I was driving into a head-wind @ the track, Elevation, I'm not a professional driver, (but I get cookin' on the tree), full tank of gas in mine and it is a heavily loaded SEL, there's lots of variables to consider. 60 foot was a 2.30 by the way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts