FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at all the sweet wheels on Fusions here, I finally sprung for a set. At first I really wanted chrome but finally decided to go more understated. All the images posted up here have helped me to make my decision so I am just adding to the collection of images.

Reactions: FusionS2007

·
Registered
817 Posts
Very cool. Very distinctive. Very sharp.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice set!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I went to 18x8 wheels and 245/40 tires and saved a pound at each corner.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I like, but it kinda looks like a honda in the first pic :huh:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=77910.msg1422808#msg1422808 date=1179557162]
[/quote]

LOL - All fusions look like hondas in the first pic. :eh: :eh:

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=77910.msg1422808#msg1422808 date=1179557162]
[/quote]
Bite your tongue. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know how you can say the first pic looks like a honda? ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
It looks good now but man if you dropped that thing it would really bring out
the wheels even more.

Nice pick on wheels though, It's good to be different.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I know this group is partial to huge chrome wheels and 1.6" drops. As much I like the looks of it, I can't do that with my Fusion. I already hava a hot rod with chrome wheels and I know the joy of bottoming out on speed bumps and driveways and caring for chrome rims in this climate. I need a less maintenance car for my daily driver. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Betting looking No. 1 photo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
you need to sign these pics in best wheels! looks nice, are you going to drop it? steeda has a smaller 1.4" drop. :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yes, those pics look better. I think the level of the car looks pretty good as it is. I don't like going to low, I'd like something closer to a 0.8" drop, very mild.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks pssdmilan! I have been mulling over it for a while now. The practical side of me says "leave it alone" while the vain side of me says "drop it!" I share the same sentiment as mechanicboy - 0.8"-1.0" would be ideal - good blend of looks and functionality. Maybe someone will make a 1" drop. I read somewhere that there will be a Sport package for the Fusion in '08 with spcific springs and dampers. I'm hoping this is true. I may go for that setup.

mrc - you dorve a stake through my heart when you mentioned the "h" word! I couldn't just leave it there.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Very nice choice RedFire! I love mesh rims, it is a very European look and complements the Fusion well. I'll decided on 18's as well, and I've been considering some mesh rims similar to yours, it seems that this look is a bit unappreciated in this community... What is the name of those rims, and where did you find them, if you don't mind me asking? I also love the gunmetal with polished lip on red, it works well.

btw, it looks nothing like a Honda! And go for the drop, the Eibach ProKit is about as mild a drop as you'll find. I've had the ProKit on three of my previous rides and it's the only way to go for those who still want a comfortable ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts