FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't resist the HUGE Discount Tire sale. The wheels I ordered were already on clearance, so I got a real sweet deal. I ordered 17" KMC Hotwheels Redlines wrapped in 225/50 Falken ZE-912s. I've only driven them about 20 miles thus far, but I'm really impressed. I didn't notice a dimished ride vs. the OEM 205/60/16 Contis. Handling is great. It doesn't tamline near as bad as the original tires (lots of grooved freeway around here). In about 10 days, I'll be taking a 1600 mi trip, so I'll learn more then. On to the pics:

Also....new e-bay Banner for garage:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Looks good! I ran those exact same wheels awhile back. I loved them. I had the center caps sanded down and painted to cover up the hotwheel logo. Other than that I never had an issue with them, and they look great!! Enjoy them!

Be sure to get a retorque in 100 or so miles!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I plan to re-torque soon. I got the whole set for $560 mounted, balanced, 20 locking lugs, hub rings, shipped to my door. The wheels were on clearance for $85/ea -- plus the $100 off of (4). I had no plans of getting aftermarket wheels, but I couldn't pass this up. I don't mind the Hotwheels logo. KMC is pretty respectable.

I wish the center caps were metal (is there such a thing anymore?). If you tighten them too much, you rish cracking/warping them. Not enough, and you could lose a cap on a (now discontinued) wheel.

I have no plans for a drop. I'm an old family man. I live in the midwest -- which can get harsh winters. Besides, I used to drive a 2nd Gen Neon. I'm used to the large fender gap/4x4 look:)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=koreySE link=topic=93390.msg1827141#msg1827141 date=1194013443]
Thanks. I plan to re-torque soon. I got the whole set for $560 mounted, balanced, 20 locking lugs, hub rings, shipped to my door. The wheels were on clearance for $85/ea -- plus the $100 off of (4). I had no plans of getting aftermarket wheels, but I couldn't pass this up. I don't mind the Hotwheels logo. KMC is pretty respectable. [/quote]

I Agree 100% they are respectable. I just did it to smooth out the texture on the cap itselt and keep the color the same. Sounds like you got a sweet deal. Any KMC Hotwheel products if any left at any local store are now sold for $50 a wheel no matter if it is 16s or 22s. We were told to get all of it out of inventory.

I wish the center caps were metal (is there such a thing anymore?). If you tighten them too much, you rish cracking/warping them. Not enough, and you could lose a cap on a (now discontinued) wheel.
Yup :( I see this all the time. You can get replacement caps from Discount Direct if you lose one. Metal caps pretty much only come on the "Hi-end" wheels now. Foose, HRE, CCW, IForged, some Giovanni, ect. Sweet wheels again, Enjoy them!

·
Registered
367 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=93390.msg1827200#msg1827200 date=1194015156]

. . . Any KMC Hotwheel products if any left at any local store are now sold for $50 a wheel no matter if it is 16s or 22s. We were told to get all of it out of inventory.

[/quote]

Is there a problem with the KMC wheels? Why were dealers told to clear out inventory at fire-sale prices?

·
Registered
840 Posts
nice nice, now you need a drop and a body kit ;D looks sweet man.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=93390.msg1839625#msg1839625 date=1194492233]
nice nice, now you need a drop and a body kit ;D looks sweet man.
[/quote]

yup, the consensus states:
1. Looks good!
2. Needs a drop!

btw, you're never too old for a drop! Just get the Eibachs, they are a very mild option and you'll love the car even more!

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Geist link=topic=93390.msg1907614#msg1907614 date=1197148541]

btw, you're never too old for a drop! Just get the Eibachs, they are a very mild option and you'll love the car even more!
[/quote]

I'll agree here. I have the Eibachs, and probably have preferences similar to much older people (nice ride blah blah blah). The Eibachs only bite with big, jarring bumps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts