FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody new here to the community I had barley bought a new Ford Fusion 2011 about 5 days Ago and I’m very excited on what I got, a couple of things I wanted to point out were is that my ac does not blow cold hair as I was adding anti coolant so that the car could blow cold air it did so but after driving it out of no where steam comes out from the bottom of my car and then the car began a to blow warm air again as if all the coolant were to be going with that steam that came out I need help figuring out how I can fix I also hear the ac having a leak somewhere but it can’t be found need help anybody

·
Registered
2006 fusion
2 Posts
The a/c sensor located within dash fails, Ford wants 6 hrs labor to remove dash to repair. Total rip off repair, especially it conveniently failed follow recall repair on passenger side airbag.

So the quick fix is to buy the sensor (about $30) from parts place. Ford wants almost $90.

Then you need a pigtail to connect to new sensor. The fix is behind the glove box. There are 2 wiring harnesses, blue and grey. On my 2006 it is the left or blue harness. Remove. On the blue harness top row, it is wire #3 and #4 from the left. I shaved the #3 and #4 wires bare about 1/2" then took the 2 wires from the new pigtail and soldered one to #3 (yellow with stripe) and other to #4 (purple). I strapped the new pigtail and sensor to secure.

Plug blue harness back in. Ahhhh air con!!

The reason I use the sensor vs the resistor that others use and works well also, is if necessary I can just disconnect sensor from pigtail. Any questions, please ask

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeap, had that problem. Had the ac compressor serviced and that didn't work. They said I may need a new compressor. I changed the resistor and the filter and its ran ever since. The part is behind the glove dept and I had to go head first and legs up (back killer for sure) in order to get it done. I am in no way mechanically smart but I did it. With the help of utube .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts