FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sounds way cool. What kind of muffler is that? Did you leave the resonator on?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=urnews link=topic=69931.msg1217457#msg1217457 date=1171927065]
Sounds way cool. What kind of muffler is that? Did you leave the resonator on?
[/quote]

Thanks i like it too. It is just a cheap e-bay muffler. I got it very cheap and could not pass it up. but it fit very well. It still has the cat and resinator both. here is a link to a muffler that is just like the one i got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-...2QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33636QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

G

·
Wow, only $40 in all for that muffler. I bet it will discolor.

So how much did everything cost in all, muffler and installation?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=69931.msg1217675#msg1217675 date=1171934144]
Wow, only $40 in all for that muffler. I bet it will discolor.

So how much did everything cost in all, muffler and installation?
[/quote]

$85. Hopefully it will not discolore. The guy that installed it for me at the muffler shop said the muffler looked great. He is a flowmaster and Magnaflow dealer and said this muffler could pass as a magnaflow without a problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You have 67,000 miles on your ride, already? :shock:

·
Registered
702 Posts
any performance gain? I was thinking of just cutting the back muffler off and running straight pipe with dual chrome tips. Or take the resonator off and put a magnaflow at the end with custom dual pipes. The only thing i know for sure is that i like the dual look. Even considered cutting mirror outlet on the driver side and running dual tips on each side. If it's not legal to cut the end off and leave the resonator, then i'll replace the resonator with a muffer and put chromes tips. Just ideas. I got to see what is legal here in cali first. When this all works out i'll post vids for you guys.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=69931.msg1226167#msg1226167 date=1172203492]
any performance gain? I was thinking of just cutting the back muffler off and running straight pipe with dual chrome tips. Or take the resonator off and put a magnaflow at the end with custom dual pipes. The only thing i know for sure is that i like the dual look. Even considered cutting mirror outlet on the driver side and running dual tips on each side. If it's not legal to cut the end off and leave the resonator, then i'll replace the resonator with a muffer and put chromes tips. Just ideas. I got to see what is legal here in cali first. When this all works out i'll post vids for you guys.
[/quote]

Not sure if there is a lot of performance increase i did the K&N the day after i can feel just alittle so i am sure it is a combo of both. I did it more for the look than performace and sound the bonus was it sounds great. The video i made is a lot higher pitch than it is in person. The video almost sounds ricey to me but in person it is very deep and very nice sounding. As for cutting the bumper for the duals i know i have seen a post were someone did this with the magnaflow V6 exhaust and it looked very good. I do not want to cut the bumper i would mess it up for sure :lol:.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Do you think that you could make a video of a drive by or outside lauch?
I went to the muffler shop today and they said that here in California you actually can do a lot of modification so long as it isn't too loud. I don't know about you guys be here they have somewhat strict rules on Sound dB levels that your car can make, for your engine, exhaust or even sound system. Here they call it "Sound pollution." So i'm probably going to have them chop the back muffler off next week and just put dual chrome tips there. Then down the line replace the resonator with something, maybe a muffler, or a better resonator. I'll check more into that when the time comes.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=69931.msg1239665#msg1239665 date=1172703012]
Do you think that you could make a video of a drive by or outside lauch?
I went to the muffler shop today and they said that here in California you actually can do a lot of modification so long as it isn't too loud. I don't know about you guys be here they have somewhat strict rules on Sound dB levels that your car can make, for your engine, exhaust or even sound system. Here they call it "Sound pollution." So i'm probably going to have them chop the back muffler off next week and just put dual chrome tips there. Then down the line replace the resonator with something, maybe a muffler, or a better resonator. I'll check more into that when the time comes.
[/quote]

I am working on that and will get it posted when i get it done. It has been snowing a lot here so waiting for a nice day when the roads are dry. then getting a friend over to do come camera work for me. I hope to have it done Sat or sunday as they look sunny.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice and a great price too. Any resonance at hwy speed?

Your tip looks very much like the stainless tip I have on my 2" DynoMax Super Turbo.

For those wondering: the stock muffler ID is 2" and the cat-back piping is 2.25".

·
Registered
702 Posts
so the pipe does get smaller right at the muffler, i thought that it was an illusion lol. Well I'm going 2.25 all the way either way to keep the same size because we all know that your exhaust will only flow as much as it most restrictive point, pending if it before or after the cat because it heats the gases even hotter(explansion blah blah).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts