FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip summary

Back from the trip yesterday.

Before the trip I burned 2 mp3 CD at 4x and 8x burning speed. They were readable in the player, but there were some problems still. The first 10~15 songs were OK. But after that, the player tends to lose track. Once I push the forward button, the player froze again with error. I can eject the CD only after turning the engine off and restart. Another CD just jumped back to the first song. I guess there are some tricks to burn the MP3 CD.

Other than that, Milan performed pretty well. The information shows following:
33MPG when cruising at about 68mph,
34MPG when cruising at around 62mph. (I guess this is the most economical speed for this car)
30MPG when cruising at around 80mph.
Overall, I refilled about 14.383Gal after 414mile(from the trip mile meter). This is not bad, considering the refilling error at the last gas station. But it is not as good as the Chevy Malibu I drove in the summer of 2004. We 4 rented that Malibu for a trip to YellowStone. for the 3500Mile trip, we consumed 100Gal totally.

The 2.3L I-4 engine is quite strong on Freeway. When cruising at 80mph, it never downshift when climbing some small hills. I remember that Malibu did that frequently and I had to cancel the cruise to stop the noise. But accleration noise of the Milan is also a bit annoying. After all it is just a 4 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, as I expected, the Milan did have some difficulties in snow. The day before we drove back it snowed about 1 feet. Milan was trapped once. But still not bad compared to my old Taurus with snow tire.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What tires do you have? I have the 16in Conts and they are HORRBILE in snow. There is no tred, just ribs. Although they are very quiet on the highway....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I have the same tire as yours. We had to dig the snow below the car once the other day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts