FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I picked up my 2007 Fusion SE V6, Black with appearance package and spoiler on March 30th after my Integra was stolen from my driveway. I must say I am quite impressed with the vehicle overall. My parents own a Mazda 6 and Ford's financing rates led me to the Fusion. I've shown the car to a number of people who seem to like it a lot and when I show them the interior with the leather and cloth seating with the red stitching, they can't believe it's a Ford! Everybody always comments on what a smooth ride it is and how quite it is. Driving the car 60 kilometers everyday in the city to work and back home the only critisim I have is a 'tick' sound which seems to be coming from the instrument cluster when the heat is on or when it is really warm in the cabin. (I believe another member had a thread about this too.) I had the Integra for a while and put a high end stereo in it and when I was selecting options for the Fusion heard the Audiophile system and the base system back to back and it definitely wasn't worth the extra money. The funny thing is, the Mazda 6 has a sub by Bose and the rear deck of the Fusion also has this cut out but Ford doesn't offer it as an option. I believe Sony is doing the Audio for Ford and in the Focus, the Audiophile option has a sub included. The only mod I plan on doing is adding chrome tips to the exhaust. I am also exploring the option of HID/Xenon lighting as I don't find the headlights on the Fusion particularly good. I find while driving on the highway at night, I am jerking the steering wheel to avoid pot holes and such because the lights are picking them up to late ie when they are only a few feet from the car. I have read many comments and opinions and since I have day time running lights, am not willing to replace the headlights but instead what to change the fog lights to HID's. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it. I don't what an HID kit, I want to replace the fog lights entirely and put the new ones in the stock location. Thanks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Enjoy the car (seems you are!) and welcome to the forums! Should be able to get your questions answered we have forums for HIDs and other things

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fusion4u and congratulations on your new Fusion. It sounds as if you are already enjoying the new ride to the utmost.

·
Registered
176 Posts
[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=78563.msg1437199#msg1437199 date=1180110788]
I've shown the car to a number of people who seem to like it a lot and when I show them the interior with the leather and cloth seating with the red stitching, they can't believe it's a Ford![/quote]

Wow, they have leather and cloth mixed in the seats now?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank-you very much for the warm welcome everyone. In my excitement of introducing myself, I forgot to let you know that I get 21mpg (I changed the display in the car) with only 4000kilometers on the odometer. I have also had the car up to 180kilometers on the highway when the limiter kicked in. I must say that the car was most impressive and absolutely stormed up to that limit. I'm sure it can go a lot more but it's quite rare to find that kind of open road these days without going to the track. Please see below for a picture of the interior!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've actually had my fusion for a month now and just came across this site while researching some stuff for the car. I have a Dark Blue '06 SE I4/5M. It's a pretty nice car thus far, it should do well for what I need it to do...go.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome. I'm pretty certain the audio in the Fusion is Pioneer. When I removed the THX II components in my Zephyr, all the amps and speakers were stamped with Pioneer. I thought the Audiophile in the Fusion had the 6x9 subs like my Zephyr.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:DWelcome! Fusion looks great in Black. I own a Silver Fusion as you can see by my profile. I would like to make a recommendation. Have your windows tinted asap. The leather interior gets HOT! My story is last year I was in central Oregon on a 95 degree day, blistering sun. The Fusion got so hot we could barely touch the seats or sit down! I got my windows tinted the following week and it made a huge difference with interior heat. Ford should tint at least the rear and side windows in my opinion.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again for the warm welcomes & congratulations to you too Crypton, the Fusion does "go" quite well indeed.
Scape2, thanks for the advise. So far it hasn't reached such high temps where I live so the interior isn't too bad. If the seats didn't have the cloth inserts, it most definitely would be a different story. While reading about the car (either from the brochure or Ford's online site) they mentioned that the Fusion has solar tinted glass which I'm hoping will keep the interior cool to the touch, relatively speaking.
NaplesBill, I would be surprised if the Fusion had pioneer components because when I was deciding between the Focus and Fusion, in the brochure for the Focus, their Audiophile system was made from Sony components. Since the Fusion uses the same tradmarked name "Audiophile" in their upgraded audio system, I figured that Sony makes this system also. In my last car I upgraded the stereo with components, amps, sub etc. and when buying the new car compared the Audiophile system and the regular system back to back. The upgrade, in my opinion wasn't worth the extra money and the speakers in the rear deck are definitely not sub's. A more accurate description would be mid bass drivers. The frequencies they produce are not low enough to be charactierized as sub bass. This worked out great for me because I used the money towards the appearance package, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get both. What really should matter is if you are happy with the sound you hear not others. My comments are meant to help those who have never heard the Audiophile package in the Fusion or are considering the option. Hope it helped.

Happy driving!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts